Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting and qlik sense straight table order are different

HI all,

I have a sorting issue between Qlik Sense and Nprinting.

I have an application  with values sorted by Period because I have different calendar types and for one calendar, the year starts in January but for the other one, it stars in septembre.

I managed to display the month name using a variable.

My problem is that I created in my QS app a straight table that I use in Nprinting and no matter the calendar type I am picking Nprinting always displays the month as january, february...

P.S: I am using pixel perfect report even though I don't think it changes anything.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

are you referring to reports generated via OdDemand button which obviously dont pass variable value set by user? or are you talking about reports generated on schedule via Publish task (where you can also set variable as variable filter)?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Good questions @Lech_Miszkiewicz!

If you are referring to an On Demand report and a button therein which makes 'variable' selection, you should know that this type of selection is not supported. You need to be able to make 'direct' associative selections to generate the report output which you expect.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Unsupported Qlik Sense objects

You should not create connections to Qlik Sense apps that use the following:

• Always one selected value for fields

Calculated dimensions

Drill-down dimensions

Alternate states

Qlik NPrinting cannot modify or remove these options. As a result, Qlik NPrinting may not have access to the entire data set of the connected Qlik Sense app during cache and report generation.

If you want to use Qlik Sense app with these unsupported features:

Do the following:

1. Create a copy of the Qlik Sense app.
  2. Remove all unsupported features.
  3. Use the copied Qlik Sense app for reporting purposes.

For more information on unsupported objects, see: Qlik objects that are not supported.

On-Demand reporting

You cannot create connections to Qlik Sense apps that use the following if you are generating On-Demand reports:

• Variable selections used from input buttons as triggers to select data
  • Input boxes
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Hidden tabs

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

are you referring to reports generated via OdDemand button which obviously dont pass variable value set by user? or are you talking about reports generated on schedule via Publish task (where you can also set variable as variable filter)?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Good questions @Lech_Miszkiewicz!

If you are referring to an On Demand report and a button therein which makes 'variable' selection, you should know that this type of selection is not supported. You need to be able to make 'direct' associative selections to generate the report output which you expect.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Unsupported Qlik Sense objects

You should not create connections to Qlik Sense apps that use the following:

• Always one selected value for fields

Calculated dimensions

Drill-down dimensions

Alternate states

Qlik NPrinting cannot modify or remove these options. As a result, Qlik NPrinting may not have access to the entire data set of the connected Qlik Sense app during cache and report generation.

If you want to use Qlik Sense app with these unsupported features:

Do the following:

1. Create a copy of the Qlik Sense app.
  2. Remove all unsupported features.
  3. Use the copied Qlik Sense app for reporting purposes.

For more information on unsupported objects, see: Qlik objects that are not supported.

On-Demand reporting

You cannot create connections to Qlik Sense apps that use the following if you are generating On-Demand reports:

• Variable selections used from input buttons as triggers to select data
  • Input boxes
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Hidden tabs

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks all for the assist. I identified my problem. I was using the level "month" and not "period", Thus the wrong sort order.

Best regards.