Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting hanging and not executing task

Good Day,

I currently have a powerpoint report (Quality is set to Normal). The report is 13mb large. I need to generate the report to 304 users - each of them have their own user filter. I tried generating the report by creating 30 user groups which is 10 users per group. When I execute the task it does not successfully complete and it hangs. To resolve the hanging I always have to abort the task and then I always have to restart the Qlik Nprinting services.

What other ways can I try to get the report to send successfully to all 304 users?

Thank you in advance, your assistance will be highly appreciated!!!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Please provide detail info regarding your QlikView version. Also checking that you are on NPrinting June 2019 (which is quite old and deserves upgrade too).

I always blame poor QlikView app development (data model, amount of data, expressions used and UI design (especially with QlikView)) for bad performance and issues you are referring to. So the first thing to check is that and obviously without seeing the app we cannot advice more on that.

The other things:

• are there any pages in the report or cycles?
  • make sure you are not running out of resources on QV server if using QVP connection
  • make sure you are not running out of resources on NP server if using local connection
  • make sure you use QVP connection and QVW setup properly (https://support.qlik.com/articles/000098313?_ga=2.56552877.726009969.1611644496-2102903719.160704262...)
  • make sure you have enough disk space
  • make sure you are not providing too much CPU on NPrinting server (yes - too CPUmuch is not good and may impact performance too and cause issues) 
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.