Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting not sending reports to all recipients

Hi Everyone,

I am using Nprinting to send reports to recipients.  I scheduled and I checked the log file to see whether Nprinting is applying filter for each recipient.  The task ran for 6 hrs. I checked the temp folder and all reports were generated.(45 users(Group) - 45 reports, each less than 2mb).

But Nprinting sent reports to only 15 recipients. Log file stopped adding information after 5000 lines. I couldn't check the reason in log file.

Did anyone experienced this kind of problem?  What could be the reason in my case?  My nprinting version is 16.

What should i do to make Nprinting to send reports to all recipients.

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

I found the problem. I ran the task without message(unchecked sending mail) and I checked the log in Nprinting.  The error was 'Illegal characters'. Nprinting didn't create recipient folders in personal folders. I used filter value along with recipient name for recipients folder name(many duplicate recipients with different filters in my recipient file).

There was apostrophe in few field values and it caused error.  So i changed the FOLDER name in recipient file.

Now its working

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Check whether your smtp server apply some anti-spam filter. In that case you should create an exception for NPrinting sender user

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply. How to check the anti-spam filter?

Can you share me a screenshot please?

Vincenzo_Esposito

It's out of NPrinting configuration, you should ask to your network admin

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  Nprinting sent reports to 15 users.  Do you think other users are blocked? SMTP server is blocking the Nprinting to send reports to the remaining recipients?

Vincenzo_Esposito

Sometime to prevent spam smtp servers stop senders to deliver mails. They try to find and stop spambot. NPrinting might  seem a spambot because it has a similar behavior.

This is just an hypothesis to check, it isn't the solution 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I will check with the network admin about the anti-spam filter.

Not applicable
Author

i checked again.  This time only 10 recipients and they are different.  Temp folder disappeared after the task completed. Its strange.  Log file is incomplete.

Vincenzo_Esposito

Check if you have errors in the Windows event log

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

I found the problem. I ran the task without message(unchecked sending mail) and I checked the log in Nprinting.  The error was 'Illegal characters'. Nprinting didn't create recipient folders in personal folders. I used filter value along with recipient name for recipients folder name(many duplicate recipients with different filters in my recipient file).

There was apostrophe in few field values and it caused error.  So i changed the FOLDER name in recipient file.

Now its working