Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting recipient bug?

Hi, 

Not sure if this is a bug or specific to me but I've had the following issue. 

When creating a publishing task email message, the 'To' box will not populate. It will not accept user emails manually and won't display any of the variable drop down options when selected. 

I'm quite new to Nprinting and since my reports were sending, I assumed that leaving the To, CC & BCC boxes blank, it would default to the emails of the user/groups attached to the task. I noticed that the recipients were receiving the email addressed to them multiple times (see the image below)

Vicky1_0-1651140920790.png

I figured out that I must have clicked the 'User email' option from the drop down 7 times to receive the above with the 'To' remaining blank and thus unable to remove. I had to create a new task. 

Vicky1_1-1651141032638.png

Obviously not a massive issue, but for a beginner such as myself, I didn't know what was causing the duplication or how to input email addresses manually. 

Many Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Vicky1

Additionally, check your publish task such that:

• You have enabled the report for email distribution
  • You have added recipients to the task
  • You have enabled email as a destination for each recipient added in bullet two above.

Also I want to say "Welcome to the Qlik Community!"

If you need help getting up to speed on NPrinting, please feel free to visit the following link:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

VIcky1,

What version of Nprinting Server are you currently running?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems something related to the web page. Try to refresh it or close and re-open.

When you click on User Email in the Add recipients drop down menu the User_Email_Address tag should be added in the To field.

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1651150596778.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Vicky1

Additionally, check your publish task such that:

• You have enabled the report for email distribution
  • You have added recipients to the task
  • You have enabled email as a destination for each recipient added in bullet two above.

Also I want to say "Welcome to the Qlik Community!"

If you need help getting up to speed on NPrinting, please feel free to visit the following link:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Vicky1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

Apologies for the delay in responding, 

I'm using May 2021 - 21.14.4.0

Vicky1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

Thank you for replying and apologies for the delay in responding. 

I'm still having the same issue, for any publishing task I create. I'm not getting the Tag you have above. Perhaps my users are not set up correctly?

They're listed in the User/Groups section of the task and are enabled for all destinations. 

As I said in my original post, the task is running fine, however until I've run the task, I can't be sure who will receive it. 

It's not giving me any issues to be fair, I just make sure that I click 'User Email' in the drop down only once.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Vicky1

The user_email address tag is the default tag.

You only need this tag to distribute reports to users you select in 'Users/groups' as per the image I shared earlier. Then ensure the 'destination' is set for each user you add to the task.

As such, the steps I shared with you will get you the result you need.

I suggest testing by adding one user at a time.

If you are not seeing the tag, try creating a new test task and leave the default 'to' tag as is. It will be populated with the right tag by default.

Kind regards...