Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carly_
Contributor III
Contributor III

On-demand Nprinting does not work for my colleagues, but it does for me

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with on-demand printing from within a QlikSense app. 

I have created an object in the QlikSense app being a straight table. 

This object is used in an Nprinting Report and works. So the connection and everything is fine.

In the Qlik Sense app I created an on-demand button 

Carly__0-1610357697744.png

with this configuration

Carly__1-1610357767713.png

And for me the button works, i get the following screen and can print the report, but for my colleague it doesn't.

Carly__2-1610357809576.png

Screen of my colleague:

Carly__3-1610357832765.png

Does anybody know why my colleague for which the report is made cannot make use of on-demand nprinting, whereas I can?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Carly_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

As it turned out the server account didn't have RootAdmin rights. Silly mistake, but it works now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check that your colleague has at least one security role with the following minimum rights that are mandatory to be able to run On-Demand:

Minimum security role privileges.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Carly_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Ruggero,

Thank you for you reply. As this wasn't the case I changed it to:

Carly__0-1610437999669.png

However, it still doesn't work. He still gets the 'Unable to connect to server'.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Dema... be sure that also your collegue is: "logged into Qlik Sense via NTML (Windows) authentication in order to generate reports or create reporting buttons." and has access to the Qlik Sense app.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Further, make sure to log into the NPrinting Web Console first, then open the Qlik Sense hub before executing the report. This must be done if you have not secured the NPrinting web console with a valid 3rd party certificate. This is mentioned in the article linked by Ruggero in his most recent comment above.

For more information, see

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Qlik-NPrinting-On-Demand-With-Qlik-Sense-includ...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/NPrinting-and-Qlik-Sense-On-Demand-troubleshoot...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Carly_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

As it turned out the server account didn't have RootAdmin rights. Silly mistake, but it works now.