Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II

PixelPerfect Font Foreground Color Conditional on other Column

Hi all,

I'm new to the Template Editor of NPrinting. I have following table in my QikSense App:

ArticleDepartmentPrice
AppleFruits3,00
TomatoVegetable2,00
OrangeFruits4,00

In my PixelPerfect PDF I want to create a table where all Articles and Prices are listed. The Article should be written red if it's a fruit. 

I guess the answer how to solve this problem is really easy, but I haven't found out yet 😞

Thanks a lot in advance!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

you are using very advanced report template (pixel perfect) and you seem quite new to NPrinting so you are diving deep without experience. 

There is too much to talk about so I just point you to the video which does exactly what you need. The concept is the same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXDTVKSoos

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can use conditional formatting as I think you are trying to do. I attach a tutorial about it. The field you use to create the condition must be one of the filed in the table you are using in the level to create the native PixelPerfect table. Yes, sometimes you have to test and change to find the correct formula.

Please remember to add the label with the correct version of Qlik NPrinting you are using. Also some screenshots of the template could help.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

you are using very advanced report template (pixel perfect) and you seem quite new to NPrinting so you are diving deep without experience. 

There is too much to talk about so I just point you to the video which does exactly what you need. The concept is the same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXDTVKSoos

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi!

Thanks for your quick answer! I already found that option of formatting the text. But if I use

Iif([Department]='Fruits',True,False)

as condition for the Article field it doesn't work. 

I want to format a field with a condition referring to another field. In your example, the condition referres to the same field. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That does not matter as long as that field is existing in the pixel perfect table...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can use conditional formatting as I think you are trying to do. I attach a tutorial about it. The field you use to create the condition must be one of the filed in the table you are using in the level to create the native PixelPerfect table. Yes, sometimes you have to test and change to find the correct formula.

Please remember to add the label with the correct version of Qlik NPrinting you are using. Also some screenshots of the template could help.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok, if I add the column Department to the output table, the formatting works. But is there a way to not show the Department column? Can columns be hidden? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The column Department need to be one of the columns of the table you added in the level you used to create the details band. It is not needed to have that column in the table. I did some test on my installation with a table that uses a formatting rule on a field and it worked.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately this is not working for me 😞 Can you send me your test?

I added the column now in the printed table and have a moderately satisfying result now. 

Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Sorry for my delay. I used the resulting PixelPerfect report template from this tutorial https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/PixelPerfect-Tutorial-pdf/ta-p/1495435

The formatting rule uses the field in the red rectangle so I applied it to the two fields in the green rectangle:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1620291112911.png

I deleted the red one from the template:

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1620291211081.png

This is the result of the preview:

Ruggero_Piccoli_2-1620291479303.png

I wrote all details about how I created the formula etc in the tutorial linked at the beginning.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero