cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Q&A with Qlik - Making the move to cloud reporting

Check out this Q&A with Qlik recording for a 2023 discussion on Qlik Cloud Reporting including roadmap and discussion on the transition from Qlik NPrinting to Qlik Cloud Reporting.  

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks @Andrew_Kruger - it all looks exciting. I understand that integrated reporting service in SaaS is still at the very beginning of the journey given what customers are really currently using with Qlik Sense and NPrinting (or even still with just QlikView reporting which seem to have a lot more features available: cycling/looping, footer, header, multipage/single page options, transparencies, various fonts formatting, multi-object design etc...). The challenge is that those features are not existent in current SaaS offering and are very hard and cumbersome to reproduce currently.

From Partners perspective capabilities missing in SaaS at the moment are being addressed which is great (XLSX which hopefully will cover some of the many missing parts), however I did not hear anything about OnDemand report generation from SaaS. This is quite a big gap and was so far the biggest showstopper for us. We introduced solutions where we built it using this concept: Using Qlik Application Automation to create and di... - Page 2 - Qlik Community - 1847184. Matt did great job providing all required steps and we were able to use it. However, clients did not like it due to many moving parts, complexities involved in making changes to layout or reports and general disconnect with how much time you need to invest to get simple things done (exporting and converting XLSX templates as base64 code etc.)

Having it all as a built-in feature would be a big game changer. I know there are subscriptions and alerts, but there is nothing like equivalent of the Qlik Sense with NPrinting OnDemand where you apply selections and create your own version of nicely formatted report in the format you want, and you get it downloaded straight away.

I will look through ideas and check if there is one which I can vote on if not I may create one and hopefully it will be pickup by others.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks for the post @Lech_Miszkiewicz  - On Demand is certainly on the radar, it just sits at a lower level of discussion. We are evaluating options for delivering this capability.  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks Andrew! That would be great!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.