Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

QV May 2023

hi all,

recentley patched my QlikView server to May 2023. Now my Nprint service is failing to connect (old patch i know

Qlik NPrinting April 2020 Version: 20.10.2.0)

questions is to update Nprint i know i need the server patch, the designer patch, but the other 2?

wonkymeister_0-1689341031870.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I strongly suggest you to read the documentation before upgrading. The minimum version of Qlik NPrinting that supports QlikView May 2023 is May 2023 IR https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-Release-notes-May-2023-Initial-Release/ta... so you must upgrade your installation.

The first step to upgrade is reading carefully:

You can download all needed setup files from https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@wonkymeister 

Please note these critical articles.

QlikView May 2023 Compatibility with NPrinting - Qlik Community - 2076472

Qlik NPrinting® Release notes - May 2023 Initial ... - Qlik Community - 2063690 (also shared by Ruggero)

It appears that you be outside compatibility if you have not upgraded your NPrinting server at the same time as upgrading your QlikView server environment to QlikView May 2023 as you seem to agree.

If you do not use On Demand for NPrinting for QlikView then you can leave out the On Demand components..

However it is critical to upgrade the NP server, NP engine and NP designer to May 2023 IR. 

Hope this helps to clarify...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I strongly suggest you to read the documentation before upgrading. The minimum version of Qlik NPrinting that supports QlikView May 2023 is May 2023 IR https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-Release-notes-May-2023-Initial-Release/ta... so you must upgrade your installation.

The first step to upgrade is reading carefully:

You can download all needed setup files from https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@wonkymeister 

Please note these critical articles.

QlikView May 2023 Compatibility with NPrinting - Qlik Community - 2076472

Qlik NPrinting® Release notes - May 2023 Initial ... - Qlik Community - 2063690 (also shared by Ruggero)

It appears that you be outside compatibility if you have not upgraded your NPrinting server at the same time as upgrading your QlikView server environment to QlikView May 2023 as you seem to agree.

If you do not use On Demand for NPrinting for QlikView then you can leave out the On Demand components..

However it is critical to upgrade the NP server, NP engine and NP designer to May 2023 IR. 

Hope this helps to clarify...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
David_Friend
Support
Support

@wonkymeister yes the NP Engine must be upgraded at the same time (oh Frank said the same thing already, my bad)