Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shikhar_Diagonal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Nprinting On demand button asking for login every time to download reports

Hi Community,

We are using Qlik NPrinting On demand button for download in our project. We have successfully established connection between Nprinting and Sense server and are able to download predesigned reports from Qliksense app. 

Screenshot (5).png

But while setting up the connection, it asks for Nprinting user credentials for every new session which we had already entered once during connection setup. The dashboard in which button is embedded is-

• Embedded as an iframe in a web portal
  • Accessible to a large number of users through this web portal
  • Showing 'Unable to connect to server' when the on demand button is pressed in a new session and thus again it needs to be connected to Nprinting server.

Questions I have - 

1. Do I need to create separate user in Nprinting for each different user in Qliksense? Or we can make on demand report download available to all users through the same Nprinting user? If yes, how can we do this?
  2.  How to automatically setup permanent connection to the Qlik nprinting server so that the On demand button is available readily everytime a new user starts a session?
  3. Will issuing Nprinting Server a valid third party certificate solve this issue ? As right now we have to bypass the security warning to get access to Nprinting server, otherwise the Button shows 'Failed to fetch' message.

@Patric_Nordstrom

@Andre_Sostizzo 

Can you please help me with this?

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. First thing is to install third party certificate as this will solve most of the issues
  2. yes - each Qlik Sense user must be also NPrinting user with assigned role allowing generation of OnDemand and Domain Account created properly in user propwerties
  3. "How to automatically setup permanent connection to the Qlik nprinting server so that the On demand button is available readily everytime a new user starts a session?" - 
    1. I dont understand that question - once you have 3rd party certificate and nprinting users created then OnDemand button should work seamleasly for everyone.

Make sure you check documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Demand-QS...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/On-Demand-Qlik-Sense.htm

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. First thing is to install third party certificate as this will solve most of the issues
  2. yes - each Qlik Sense user must be also NPrinting user with assigned role allowing generation of OnDemand and Domain Account created properly in user propwerties
  3. "How to automatically setup permanent connection to the Qlik nprinting server so that the On demand button is available readily everytime a new user starts a session?" - 
    1. I dont understand that question - once you have 3rd party certificate and nprinting users created then OnDemand button should work seamleasly for everyone.

Make sure you check documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Demand-QS...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/On-Demand-Qlik-Sense.htm

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Update to the above:

I am not sure how all this will function together when embeded in iFrame. That can be another obsticle and I would use web browser developer tools to see what errors are shown. 

cheers