Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Nprinting- Report filters not working with level and sublevel combination

Hi,

I have two columns A,B . These two columns (A&B) form permutations and combinations (example 300 combinations). Now if we use Column A as report level filter and giving it a value 'jk' (as in excel file), the set of combinations should be related to 'jk' (as in excel file) , instead we get whole column A& B combination as our  result. Please find attached excel file for problem discussion.

Note: This activity is for applying levels and sublevels with each of the combination. 

Please feel to reply on priority. Qlik NPrinting

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think the same, you have to check the filter. Be sure it is correctly created and enabled. Check that it is applied to the report and that you created the filter from the same connection of the reports.

I cannot give more detailed suggestions because I don't know how it is build, or add some screenshots of it here.

You can also try to create a very simple Excel report with the table you are using to create levels as Table tag, instead of adding it in Levels, and the same filter as report filters. Than check that everything works correctly.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Balajitnv230 

Can you show a snapshot of your report construction?

ie: how your levels are configured in your NP template editor.

kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on the attachment what you need is to create a filter ColumnA = 'jk' and apply it to the report https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi.... This will filter the whole content of the report, not only the content inside the level.

If you want to filter only the content of the level you have to create a straight table in the source Qlik Sense app with only the rows you want to keep. Refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Qlik NPrinting Designer and create the level by using that table instead of using the fields.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Balajitnv230_0-1623744585579.png

Hi Frank, These are the two set of fields created as a table object in qlik app and made as a level in Nprint template. The combinations are working good. the difficulty i face is , when i use wkar_re field as report level filter for specific value, the combinations based on specific value is not showing up. instead it is giving all possible combinations.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is correct. When you add a field in the Levels node, Qlik NPrinting will create a different level for each distinct value in the used field, at least you do not add a filter (report, task or user filter) that limits the values of the field used in the Levels.

Instead if you use the straight table in the Levels node, Qlik NPrinting will create a distinct value for each row in the straight table as resulting after filters application, for for each distinct value in the fields used to create the table.

For example you could have a Country field with 50 different countries inside. If you use it in Levels you will have 50 levels. If you use that field in a straight table with another column with sum(sales) and keep only the countries with sum(sales)>0 suppose you get 10 rows. If you use that table in the Levels you will have 10 levels in the generated reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes, Thats the logic i am following. The end result i am getting after applying the filter is where the problem is. The result is not getting limited to certain value. (from your example, i expect 10 levels, but output is coming out for 50 levels). am i missing some nprinting functionality while applying report level filter?

TIA,

Balaji.tnv

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think the same, you have to check the filter. Be sure it is correctly created and enabled. Check that it is applied to the report and that you created the filter from the same connection of the reports.

I cannot give more detailed suggestions because I don't know how it is build, or add some screenshots of it here.

You can also try to create a very simple Excel report with the table you are using to create levels as Table tag, instead of adding it in Levels, and the same filter as report filters. Than check that everything works correctly.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yeah, its working now. Checked the filter connections and App connections. it is due to that.