cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lekha_Ranganathan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Printing sends blank KPI in email

The nPrinting email drops off/sends blank KPI chart. This is not occurring regularly but this had happened once  in 2 different nprinting emails that pulls data from 2 different Qliksense apps. 

The task execution looks fine.  only thing that is common is that they both are KPI charts and doesn't have any filter applied on them.

does anyone had experienced this before? any recommendations to solve this issue? 

@Nicole-Smith

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - so we have covered basics now and everything looks ok from requirements point of view.

My next steps would be:

• check connections to ensure we connect to correct apps - I know it sounds stupid, but believe me I have seen us scratching heads and thinking whats wrong, when simply connection was wrong.
  • once ensuring connections are OK i would reload their metadata and edit report template to check entities availability (check entity button in NPrinting designer)
  • if OK  and as you said there are no task, nor report nor object filterts - I would also ensure there are no recipient filters which could cause this!
  • I would then focus on Qlik Sense data models, expressions, performance. I would check how much time your KPI takes on Qlik Sense site to generete value. If your expression is not optimal and calculates slow I have seen scenarios when data was not populated - this was only happening to me in PPT template and all other templates were fine.
  • if all above still looks ok - then I would start thinking about turning on DEBUG mode in logging and would start collecting logs and open support ticket

There is no  rocket science there - if all basic requirements are met image of KPI should be visible. I am not aware of any bugs in this regard and I think Frank and Ruggero would pick it up if there were any known issues.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Nothing further on my end.

I've shared the gotchas in a previous post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-Printing-sends-blank-KPI-in-email/m-p/...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Lekha_Ranganathan 

Please check this list of unsupported QS objects. This may be why your object is not working consistently assuming it is one of the unsupported objects (or unsupported container ie: tabbed container)

See matrices contained herein below:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lekha_Ranganathan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the response @Frank_S . But this nprinting had been going on for a while. It's just recently seeing this issue in 2 of our nprint email. again, this is not happening every time. And its not a multi KPI. Its a KPI used as Images.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As always I would just look at basics:

- please provide detailed info about your Qlik Sense version

- is the NPrinting June 2020 in the label the one you are actually using

This information will provide us info if your configuration is supported. It is known that unsupported configuration may stop working unexpectedly.

And just to reiterate - your KPI object is the native Qlik Sense object (not any form of extension) ?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lekha_Ranganathan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  - I though that I provided the version of the nPrining used in the labels. Yes, the one in the label is what I am using.

yes the KPI object that I am using is the native Qlik Sense Object and not an extension.  Its used as Images.

And to reiterate, This had been working fine for more than a year, and on 18th June is the first time this occurred. Task execution looked fine. 

After that on 21st June the same thing occurred in the nprint email sent from a different qlik sense app.

The only commonalty between them is that they both are KPI object. 

Other than these 2 instance, so far everything looks fine, I want to see if I could understand/get some thoughts on the root cause for this and make sure this is not occurring again.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Lekha_Ranganathan 

we are still missing answer to my question - What is your QLIK SENSE version?

Lekha_Ranganathan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Qlik Sense April 2020 Patch 1. 

This occurred one more time in todays nprint email.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - so we have covered basics now and everything looks ok from requirements point of view.

My next steps would be:

• check connections to ensure we connect to correct apps - I know it sounds stupid, but believe me I have seen us scratching heads and thinking whats wrong, when simply connection was wrong.
  • once ensuring connections are OK i would reload their metadata and edit report template to check entities availability (check entity button in NPrinting designer)
  • if OK  and as you said there are no task, nor report nor object filterts - I would also ensure there are no recipient filters which could cause this!
  • I would then focus on Qlik Sense data models, expressions, performance. I would check how much time your KPI takes on Qlik Sense site to generete value. If your expression is not optimal and calculates slow I have seen scenarios when data was not populated - this was only happening to me in PPT template and all other templates were fine.
  • if all above still looks ok - then I would start thinking about turning on DEBUG mode in logging and would start collecting logs and open support ticket

There is no  rocket science there - if all basic requirements are met image of KPI should be visible. I am not aware of any bugs in this regard and I think Frank and Ruggero would pick it up if there were any known issues.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Nothing further on my end.

I've shared the gotchas in a previous post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-Printing-sends-blank-KPI-in-email/m-p/...

Parnisari
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lech:

I'm facing this scenario:

• I would then focus on Qlik Sense data models, expressions, performance. I would check how much time your KPI takes on Qlik Sense site to generete value. If your expression is not optimal and calculates slow I have seen scenarios when data was not populated - this was only happening to me in PPT template and all other templates were fine

but slightly different:

• I'm working with Qliksense - NPrinting - Pixel Perfect
  • The problem appears on a very simple KPI expression that shows a bigger value than the real final one ("final" because when open the app and it applys sheet filters the number seems "running" until reach the final-right value).
  • My question: ¿There is any way to "delay" the render of pixel perfect report to give enough time to the KPI reach the final value? or ¿ Exists any KPI extensions that avoid this "running" behaivior?

I'll really appreciate your help.

Pablo.