boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlikview and NPrinting table column order and data not matching

Version

Qlik NPrinting February 2019 SR1

QlikViewDesktop 2018 12.30 - AA

Problem 

I have table in Qlikview initially created in 12.20 and then used on Server Novermber 2018. 

I am importing this object to Qlik Nprinting and when previewing I get a few columns distorted. Data not matching etc. 

I might have manually moved the columns in the table to order differently. Do you think that would cause the issue ?

Has anybody else faced such issue ?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please upgrade to latest version June 2019. I suppose you are experiencing a bug that is now solved.

Table columns were wrongly aligned in generated reports
Some table column alignments were not inherited from PowerPoint templates to the generated reports when using objects from the Qlik NPrinting Tables node. Objects in the Images node worked fine.
The workaround was to disable the Keep Source Formats option, but it worked only to align to the left all columns.
Starting from this version, the columns alignment are consistent to the Number settings of the Chart or the Number setting of the Dimension.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I found the problem. 

The solution was:

Columns ordered manually in Qlikview on the table using the UI [mouse click , drag and drop style] were not being recognized after the upgrade and when using the same QVW which was created from a lower version (11.2) in higher version of Qlikview (12.2) . So I had reordered the table manually and then again pulled the object in Qlik NPrinting it solved the problem. 🙂 

Hope it helps some one in the future. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

am surprised no comments on such an active community for this issue. 

Trying to bring this discussion to light. 🙂 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please upgrade to latest version June 2019. I suppose you are experiencing a bug that is now solved.

Table columns were wrongly aligned in generated reports
Some table column alignments were not inherited from PowerPoint templates to the generated reports when using objects from the Qlik NPrinting Tables node. Objects in the Images node worked fine.
The workaround was to disable the Keep Source Formats option, but it worked only to align to the left all columns.
Starting from this version, the columns alignment are consistent to the Number settings of the Chart or the Number setting of the Dimension.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Ruggero_Piccoli. Your response is much appreciated.

Does this also affect the column order at the expression level?  Eg: If Expression was moved to the beginning of the straight table in Qlikview but it is still showing in the end in NPrinting. 

Could you please share an release note or bug fix reference for this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Complete Release Notes for all versions of Qlik NPrinting ara available on the download area, the same where you download the setup files. 

Did you refreshed the connection caches after the upgrade?

Before to go ahead with the investigation I suggest you to test with latest version to benefit of all solved bugs. If you still have the issue next step is to open a support ticket with all details needed to reproduce it. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

"Complete Release Notes for all versions of Qlik NPrinting ara available on the download area, the same where you download the setup files. "

Thanks will check this out. 

"Did you refreshed the connection caches after the upgrade?"

This is a completely new server. We didn't upgrade.  

"Before to go ahead with the investigation I suggest you test with the latest version to benefit of all solved bugs. If you still have the issue next step is to open a support ticket with all details needed to reproduce it. "

Can you brief a little more on how you would proceed to test. The following are the cases : 

1) Hiding a column in Straight Table.  Doesn't gets hidden in the NPrinting. 

2) Expression manually moved to the beginning of the table distorts data and shows up in the end. 

3) Though the required columns are pulled in a PPT table it still populates the data in the order present in Qlikview table.  

Thanks Ruggero

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest to:

- Upgrade to June 2019

- Refresh the connection Cache

- Re-do the steps that generate the issue and check if it is still present

- if there still is the problem please post some screenshots so we can see what is happening

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I found the problem. 

The solution was:

Columns ordered manually in Qlikview on the table using the UI [mouse click , drag and drop style] were not being recognized after the upgrade and when using the same QVW which was created from a lower version (11.2) in higher version of Qlikview (12.2) . So I had reordered the table manually and then again pulled the object in Qlik NPrinting it solved the problem. 🙂 

Hope it helps some one in the future.