cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor

Report from 2 different apps to same destination folder

I have 2 reports that a user should receive in his folder. Report1 is based off of App1, Report 2 is based off of app2. I need to send both the reports to User folder for UserA and in folder by date.

I created a destination folder c:\Reports\%%UserFolder%%\%%Qlikvariable-ReportDate%% - This destination is for App1.
Since destinations are specific to app, how do I send the report2 which is from App2  to the same folder above ?

I tried creating a destination for App2 with exact same path as App1 folder, assuming that all reports will end up in the same folder. However that does not work. It ended up creating C:\Reports\User1\8-31-22  and sent Report1 there. And Report2 got published to C:\Reports\User1\8\31\22\ . SO it basically split the date into separate folders.

Please guide on how I can send both reports to same folder even though they are based on different apps

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jacob_Poole
Contributor III
Contributor III

The / in the date is not a valid in the path string though.  That might be causing a problem.  while the - in the date is acceptable in a folder path.  That is just my first thought considering the difference you described.   C:\Reports\User1\8-31-22  vs. C:\Reports\User1\8\31\22\ 

If you look in the Qlik apps to see what each variable is evaluating to what do you see?  Can you drop screen shots of that? 

Variables in the NPrinting destination path have caused issues in the past, but I'm not sure if that was an issue in the version you're running, or if it was resolved in the latest release. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jacob_Poole
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is the value of the variable %%Qlikvariable-ReportDate%% the same in both apps?

madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yes it is same. Basically my reports are generated everymonth and the variable value is same

madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor
Author

so for month of August , date is 8/31/22. I have Report 1 and 2 generated for same date , and should land in the same folder '8/31/22'

Jacob_Poole
Contributor III
Contributor III

The / in the date is not a valid in the path string though.  That might be causing a problem.  while the - in the date is acceptable in a folder path.  That is just my first thought considering the difference you described.   C:\Reports\User1\8-31-22  vs. C:\Reports\User1\8\31\22\ 

If you look in the Qlik apps to see what each variable is evaluating to what do you see?  Can you drop screen shots of that? 

Variables in the NPrinting destination path have caused issues in the past, but I'm not sure if that was an issue in the version you're running, or if it was resolved in the latest release. 

madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The qliksense app has 8/31/2022 format. The folder thats getting created is 2022-08-31

madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I changed the date format for my variable and it seems to work as expected now. Thanks for your quick help

Jacob_Poole
Contributor III
Contributor III

YW, have a good one.