cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Report is too big and cannot be upload

Hello, could you please help me with this problem.

I think my PowerPoint presentation became too big and I cannot upload it when I'm clicking on button "on demand" in qlik sense. That's my theory because I created an empty report and it uploaded in several seconds.

Because of this I have three questions:

1)Is there a way to copy a report in NPrinting to make experiments with size of pictures etc (right now I have 10 slides with power point template and one big picture on each slide)

2) Is there somewhere a time setting that I can change to make it upload longer?

3) what would you recommend to change to make it work quicker? I need to put min 19 pictures in the report.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

It is very possible that the report output exceeds the 512 mb limitation mentioned here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Common-editing-fe...

1. If your report output is too large it will fail to generate. Suggest working on fewer images or breaking up the report using 'cycles' or 'report filters' to mitigate size of each report. ie: filter report by year, day, region, salesperson etc. (same cycles can be used but cycles are much slower than report filters.).

2. If your reports are too large (over 512 mb) changing timeout settings will not help.

3. To make the reports quicker to generate, see point 1 above.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

It is very possible that the report output exceeds the 512 mb limitation mentioned here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Common-editing-fe...

1. If your report output is too large it will fail to generate. Suggest working on fewer images or breaking up the report using 'cycles' or 'report filters' to mitigate size of each report. ie: filter report by year, day, region, salesperson etc. (same cycles can be used but cycles are much slower than report filters.).

2. If your reports are too large (over 512 mb) changing timeout settings will not help.

3. To make the reports quicker to generate, see point 1 above.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you! I made my charts smaller and it worked!