Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AxelZ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Send by email specific reports to specific clients

Hello everyone,

I'm working in a company that creates antibiotics reports for thousands of farmers. Each of the farmers has to get his own specific report every six months and we would like now to send the reports to the farmers directly with NPrinting.

To be clear, I don't want them to be able to connect and use NPrinting, I really want to send them their personal reports per email.

In my QVW, each farmer has an ID and I have a list of email address of all these farmers. 

How can this work? I don't find anything yet on that topic!

Thanks in advance,

Axel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This topic was discussed so many times on community and is described in help site too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-sending-emails-by-using-a-variabl...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This topic was discussed so many times on community and is described in help site too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-sending-emails-by-using-a-variabl...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AxelZ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for you answer,

If I understand correctly, I really have to create a user per farmer, even if I have thousands?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

correct - if you want to filter data for each recipient of the email to only have their own data the solution is either to use section access (which is not really possible in case of external users) or recipient filters which is exactly what you reiterated.

cheers

Lech 

AxelZ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot!

Another little question:

in that case, where do I have to fill the ID of each farmer? 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

for each farmer you need to create a filter. Filter name can be simply farmer id. 
When creating filter you need to provide app id, connection , field and value. If  value is text type then you use value column, if it is numerical or dual then you need to use numeric value column.

You then need to provide filter name in the filters column in user sheet as described in help site. 
cheers

by the way - make sure you study all that properly, help site has also links to youtube videos regarding this topic. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Importing users, including the filters syntax, is documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

The email is the ID of each user in Qlik NPrinting 17+ so each user must have a different email.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
NLD09
Contributor II
Contributor II

@AxelZ  - I ran into the same issue recently and here is my work around.  Qlik NPrinting can create individual file with filter to each specific customer, user etc.  I setup a NPrinting task (1 task) to save all individual files (whatever format you like and I got like 150-200 files) into a folder with a dashboard name and an email address separate by a hyphen (-)  on a file name.  I was planning to use VB.net to create a windows service to pick up those files and email it out but my place is pretty strict about unknown application and requires a certificate etc. so I used Microsoft Access with VBA (run on the same server as the NPrinting) to load up those files and email it out.  I setup a timer on the Microsoft Access App to reload every 15 minutes  interval or how often you want it to reload.  It has been working as expected.  BTW, you can download Microsoft Access Runtime for free so you don't need to install a full version to run it.