cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Sending PDF not zipped

Currently when my customer is sending people a PDF, it does not get send "just" a PDF, but instead it sends the PDF in a ZIP. It is possible to only send the PDF without it being zipped?

Customer is using September 2018 release.

May you live in interesting times!
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

At the moment there is not an option to select if the attachments have to be zipped or not. It is in the roadmap but I don't know when it will be available.

I understand that they cannot open the  zipped PDF in mobile devices. You could try to embed HTML reports on the email body.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks. Not the answer I was hoping / looking for.

Customer is not looking for a selection option between zip or not, they simply want it never to happen.

Side note: The document you are pointing at in your signature results in "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." So I suggest either pointing to a document people have access to or get people access to the document.

Anyone have an alternative solution?

May you live in interesting times!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the side note. The link was broken after the community migration to the new platform. 

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.