cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunacosta_brazil
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sending reports

I have a report to be sent to more than 140 users, but each one will receive the report according to their region and location. In the dashboard I already have these filters and there is a table in the bank with all these users and what information each one should receive. I didn't find a way for Nprint to select users from this table and send according to what each one should receive

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the publish task, instead of adding users, add a group. Then import users via Excel file and associate them to the group used in the publish task. 

Before running the publish task you run the import users task that will update the users deleting the missing ones and adding the new ones., update the filters etc. Only after the import users task ended you start the publish task. You can use APIs as you mentioned to coordinate the two task executions or you can schedule the import and wait for an estimated running time and after you schedule the publish task run.

There is not a built-in feature to run tasks in series, start one new only after the previous one finished successfully.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I strongly suggest you to start by reading the Getting Started part of the official help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Get-started.htm

You have to create filters in Qlik NPrinting and associate them with correct users. Then create a publish task and add the users and the reports. The linked tutorial and the rest of the help site explains in details how to reach your goal.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
brunacosta_brazil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

will print connect with an api? how will it recognize the table and know that it has to fetch users and permissions from there?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can create users and filters manually or you can import them as described in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

Only if you import users via Excel file you can also create filters and associate them. The import file must be in the format described in the help site.

I strongly suggest you to invest time in training. Qlik NPrinting is an enterprise class software with many features and you need to have at least a basic knowledge if it before starting to develop your applications.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
brunacosta_brazil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've already created the report, I know how qlik relates users to filters, and I've already done it. But in my case sir, as I've been saying since the beginning, I have a DYNAMIC table, where these users can leave, change, and the sending of my reports needs to follow this table there in my DATABASE. I've read the documentation countless times and I haven't found anything so far that helps me in this matter. I hope someone here can help me and not send me to study!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the publish task, instead of adding users, add a group. Then import users via Excel file and associate them to the group used in the publish task. 

Before running the publish task you run the import users task that will update the users deleting the missing ones and adding the new ones., update the filters etc. Only after the import users task ended you start the publish task. You can use APIs as you mentioned to coordinate the two task executions or you can schedule the import and wait for an estimated running time and after you schedule the publish task run.

There is not a built-in feature to run tasks in series, start one new only after the previous one finished successfully.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
brunacosta_brazil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

ok Ruggero, thank you very much.