Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThiagoCN
Contributor III
Contributor III

Servers Questions

Hello guys

i have a trick questions:

1 -If i have nPrinting server and a SharePoint server in different domains, once i create an service account in the same domain as the SharePoint, add to the NPrinting server, does it make nPrinting work in this SharePoint ? because the restriction as fair as i know is the service account must to be in same domain.

2- If my SharePoint server is in the  Sub-domain and my NPrinting service account is in the Main domain, does it allow nPrinting to store in the SharePoint?

PS: SharePoint 2016 not office 365

Thank you.

Thiago.

Qlik NPrinting  , #OnPremises 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@ThiagoCN

Theoretically subdomains are 'separate' domains and so by strict definition, separate domains are not supported.

Why? 

Well at the end of the day, NPrinting service user domain account must have the potential ability to access computer and network resources across the entire domain.

For example, if say you want to export reports to a network nprinting 'destination' you need to give NTFS (file and folder) permission to the NPrinting domain service user account to access a network folder.

If you are in different domains, and you try to access a network folder (or computers) in a different domain, you will be prompted with a request for credentials.

NPrinting can't enter credentials in the background automatically when it is asked to open a network folder in a different domain.

Now again, theoretically, if you have two way trusts between your primary and subdomains (thus mitigating the need for credential requests) subdomains (within the same AD forest) could 'potentially' work.

So working with your AD team is essential to develop and test all this. 

Otherwise the NPrinting service user domain account, (as well as any NPrinting, QV, QS server) and any network folders it may need access to by default should be in the same domain.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ThiagoCN

NPrinitng 17.0 does not support sending reports to Sharepoint.

Also Nprinitng 17.0 is no longer supported. I suggest you upgrade to May 2021 SR4 version which is the latest. 

In regards to workarounds when sending reports to sharepoint you may want to check this post: https://nprintingadventures.com/2021/12/02/is-sending-reports-to-teams-or-sharepoint-possible/ - please note that this is only workaround and functionality is not part of NPrinting.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

on top of the above I suggest study documentation in this regards:

basics: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Version-differences.htm

detailed re destinations for reports: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Sche...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ThiagoCN
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,
my version is

Version: 21.14.4.0

I just want to know in the server side how it works, i have already check this documentation, thanks for links

Frank_S
Support
Support

@ThiagoCN

Theoretically subdomains are 'separate' domains and so by strict definition, separate domains are not supported.

Why? 

Well at the end of the day, NPrinting service user domain account must have the potential ability to access computer and network resources across the entire domain.

For example, if say you want to export reports to a network nprinting 'destination' you need to give NTFS (file and folder) permission to the NPrinting domain service user account to access a network folder.

If you are in different domains, and you try to access a network folder (or computers) in a different domain, you will be prompted with a request for credentials.

NPrinting can't enter credentials in the background automatically when it is asked to open a network folder in a different domain.

Now again, theoretically, if you have two way trusts between your primary and subdomains (thus mitigating the need for credential requests) subdomains (within the same AD forest) could 'potentially' work.

So working with your AD team is essential to develop and test all this. 

Otherwise the NPrinting service user domain account, (as well as any NPrinting, QV, QS server) and any network folders it may need access to by default should be in the same domain.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ThiagoCN
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank 

Thank you for the awnser.

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @ThiagoCN!