Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmcaridi55
Contributor
Contributor

Show Headers property is missing when adding a Qlik Sense table to a PowerPoint template

I am using a Word template for one NPrinting report and a PowerPoint template for another report.  Both reports/templates are using the same AppID.  The PowerPoint template editor does not include the Show Headers property for the added table object, while the Word template editor does.

We are running the May 2022 SR3 version of NPrinting with Qlik Sense May 2022 Patch 4.

Word template - Show Header PropertyWord template - Show Header PropertyPowerPoint template - Show Header Property MissingPowerPoint template - Show Header Property Missing

Header is displayed in PPT output.Header is displayed in PPT output.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My workaround is to add whole table but make first row invisible by making font size = 1, colour white, and borders colour also blending in with the rest. So in fact my workaround is by making 1 extra row between your header and data... stupid??? absolutely, but what can we do... ehhh

regarding documentation - You are talking about just general features description which isn't specifically described under PowerPoint tutorial section, so I dont think it is misleading. It is still valid option. I agree it could say that this feature is not present in PowerPoint template.

I would encourage you though to vote for the idea by liking it under my previous link and commenting your experience. Those ideas are going to the bin because NPrinting community is very small and people directly affected represent very small group hence product managers don't see value in investing in it simply because there is not enough traction.  Unfortunately that is the nature of NPrinting that only developer sees the issue which affects thousands of people 😡 and Qlik does not seem to recognize this - shame!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - bad news is that this is by design and it is working as designed.

Sorry

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
tmcaridi55
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, Lech.  Their documentation is also misleading as it clearly describes Show Headers functionality.

Show HeadersShow Headers

I do have a workaround by adding individual cells from the Qlik table, one-by-one.  A bit more tedious, but it solves the missing  functionality in PowerPoint Table Properties.

Add CellsAdd Cells

Using CellsUsing Cells

Better than having no workaround for PowerPoint!

Thank you!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My workaround is to add whole table but make first row invisible by making font size = 1, colour white, and borders colour also blending in with the rest. So in fact my workaround is by making 1 extra row between your header and data... stupid??? absolutely, but what can we do... ehhh

regarding documentation - You are talking about just general features description which isn't specifically described under PowerPoint tutorial section, so I dont think it is misleading. It is still valid option. I agree it could say that this feature is not present in PowerPoint template.

I would encourage you though to vote for the idea by liking it under my previous link and commenting your experience. Those ideas are going to the bin because NPrinting community is very small and people directly affected represent very small group hence product managers don't see value in investing in it simply because there is not enough traction.  Unfortunately that is the nature of NPrinting that only developer sees the issue which affects thousands of people 😡 and Qlik does not seem to recognize this - shame!

tmcaridi55
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, Lech for your insight and alternative workaround.  Both workarounds are valid given the right conditions, but table objects are so prevalent in Qlik that I believe they underestimate the number of NPrinting solutions that pull table data into PowerPoint, therefore justifying a higher priority fix.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I dare to disagree with your last sentence regarding justifying….as we did not see new features developed for long time in NPrinting…its only bug fixes and support updates and I also totaly agree with you saying that Qlik underestimated table use in Nprinting PowePoints