Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaeldburt
Partner - Contributor III

Stale data in NPrinting 17.1 reports

Hi All-

I am testing the distribution of a report in Nprinting, and am dealing with some stale data issues.

I have a local connection set up through NP 17.1, to a QVW file sitting on our QlikView server.  the connection generates metadata without any issues, and I've been able to successfully distribute the report.

My issue is that the report (which gets reloaded via the QMC on the Qlik Server every hour) does not update with the new data, when I run the Publish Task, or when I set it to trigger automatically.

I've tried setting up the connection to the QVW using the server connection, but the result is very buggy and I'm unable to create the report I want, which is why I am using a local connection string.

Any ideas?  I've seen the posting about the workaround with the registry key changes, etc., but that is only for the server connection.

Thanks

Mike

6 Replies
kechavarmanar

Hi my dear,

I tell you that I had this problem and more increased RAM 8GB to 16GB and there was no improvement. I have found that it is a failure of the tool and unfortunately I had to return to Nprinting 16 .

Regards

KAREN ECHAVARRIA

michaeldburt
Author

The solution to this issue was to create a workaround using batch files that stop and start the NPrinting Engine service.  This has taken care of the issue.

Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue. Do you have an example of that batch file for me?

Not applicable

Take a look at the attached for additional and perhaps easier to implement work arounds.

Best

Aran

michaeldburt
Author

I ended up creating a task in the server task scheduler that stops and restarts the NP scheduler service on the hour.  it has been working without issues for the last 3 weeks, and my reports have been updating as expected.

Not applicable

By any chance, are you using any bookmark filters in nprinting?