cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator

Template migration issue between multiple environments

I have a Nprint Template built in one environment A and I migrated it to Environment B.

Configurations of those are listed below.

Environment A

Qlik NPrinting June 2019,Version: 19.19.4.0

Qliksense : 2018 Patch 4 (12.44.7)

Environment B

Qlik NPrinting June 2019,Version: 19.19.4.0

QlikSense:Nov 2018 Patch 6( 12.44.11)

In Environment A,The power point template along with Scheduled Task works and i'm able to see the final output.

In Environment B, Same connections Exist and I'm able to verify Connection Status is Valid and Cache is built.

When i try to run the publish tasks for this report template,it doesn't work.I get this errors below.

clipboard_image_0.png

this power point template simply has objects imported from Qlik sense  as images and displayed them in power point.Everything straight out of the box,no extensions are used.

I don't have access to admin level information but would like some steps to see how i can troubleshoot and make this nprint template report to work

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

There is a possibility that the Environment B has different objects. 

For example if a chart was deleted and recreated in Env B but it 'appears' the same in both apps with the same chart name, note that you actually have a different chart/chart ID.

NPrinting connections to chart IDs behind the chart. If those IDs have changed or are different in different environments, then your report will fail. NPrinting will error.

You can use the single configurator in the Qlik Sense dev hub to check the underlying object id's.

1. Open the dev hub

2. Click on 'Single Configurator'

3. Choose your app and find your report object to identify the underlying object ID. 

It is important to ensure that you are using the same sense app in different environments with same underlying chart ids.

If sense apps are being updated by your developers in two different places (which could be the case in env A and env B), this may cause reporting issue that you are seeing.

Hope this helps.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

We have checked the Object IDs and they are same. The issue you mentioned doesnt exist

Frank_S
Support
Support

Try to use the verification tool in the associated report connection to verify the connection used in the report. If verification fails and you are unable to reload the metadata, then you could have a different issue related to the configuration in Env. B.

• Check the health of the connection and check if the NP engine on Env. B is up and running. 
  • Make sure that the NP engine is the same version as the NP server in Env. B as well. 
  • For more information about a possible engine issue, check the following article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000034575
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Connection and Metadata are in good state.I have verified that already.

I will check this below and update