Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theo_Westseit
Contributor III
Contributor III

Urgent: cell values are shifted

Hello Guys,

i have a Table in Qlik, which i use as a backend table for a few NPrinting Reports.
I recently found out, that the cell values @ NPrinting Reports are completely shifted. When i checked the backend table, i saw that 0-values weren't generated and the table structure wasn't fixed. It was dynamic and the number of rows started to change once you selected a certain year or month.

Then i edited the script to generate 0-values and then eventually the structure/number of rows  didnt changed anymore.

Somehow the values in the NPrinting reports are still shifted. It seems like as if the number of rows is still changing in the backend pending on the selection.

I reloaded the script / meta datas / reports many times, removed filter in the NPrinting Report and made sure, that the new app with the 0-value generating is published/the old one is replaced....but nothing is working..

Do you have any idea?

Thanks !!

Just 2b clear: Im talking abt the generated values in the reports and not abt the coordinates inside the NPrinting Program.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Theo_Westseit

Please share some additional information:

• What version of NPrinting Server/Designer/Engine
  • What version of Qlik Sense server
  • Have you seen this issue before?
  • When did you first discover the issue?
  • Was there a recent Qlik upgrade (NPrinting and or Qlik Sense)?
  • What type of report is this?
  • In what direction are cells shifting? Horizontally? Vertically?
  • Can you share an image or visual mock up the the results you are seeing?
  • Can you share an image or visual mock up the the 'expected' results that you need to have?
  • What happens when you export your Qlik Chart directly out of Qlik Sense? Is the behavior similar?

Just a suggestion that if you have an urgent issue, it is best to report it directly to the Qlik Support desk to ensure your concern is addressed as promptly as possible.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Theo_Westseit 

I have read through your description and it hit me that you are taking quite strange approach by "populating" 0 values, talking about changed number of rows etc..

Such behaviour is typical to standard Qlik Sense/QlikView  and NPrinting reports. As data is driven by current selection state including all type of selections / filters + obviously section access if it is implemented as well as settings (show 0 values in charts) 

First thing I would do is built properly Qlik Sense app to accommodate reporting requirements. It is not always best practice to have hardcoded structure and even if such structure is required typically it would be maintained by properly written expressions in Qlik Sense tables. 

That being said - it is usually a case of proper planning and build and most likely the issue is in the Qlik Sense app (or approach used to build this app) and not necessarily NPrinting itself.

As Frank mentioned we need a lot more information to be able to help you, but as well I would like to point out that maybe wrong approach what used to build those reports from get-go and  maybe different approach should be used?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.