Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcinSwiderski_BPX
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Users receive e-mails despite user filters

Hi,

I'm having trouble building a report. The business assumptions of the report are related to sending to the user a report with a list of ending contracts (in excel format) at the end of the contract.

- Each of the contracts is assigned to a specific user

- Each user should only see their contracts

- If the user does not have any contracts ending on a given day, the e-mail should not be sent.

While the problem with the user's access to only assigned contracts has been solved by means of filters assigned to users, the remaining problem is that when the number of contracts is equal to 0, the e-mail should not be sent. In the absence of contracts, an e-mail with the following message is sent.

"Some reports failed to generate:

Report "test" with output format XLSX

Please contact your administrator for further details "

From what I noticed, the lack of data is treated as a warning in the logs and it does not affect the sending of the email to the user. In the case of conditions to, according to the documentation, it affects the run of the entire task and the filter on the user has no effect on them.

"If you have applied a task filter, this filter will be applied when evaluating the condition.

If you have applied a report filter or user filter, the filter will not be applied when evaluating the condition. "

Is it possible not to send this email in the absence of data, without the use of radical solutions on the side of the mail server or building tasks assigned to individual users?

np1.pngnp2.pngnp3.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @MarcinSwiderski_BPX 

one more thing could be use of conditions on the Report (not on the task). You could have a condition with "chart has values" which should evaluate if the report for that user will have data. 

There are 2 issues here really - one is maintenance of filters and possibility for NPrinting to apply a filter second is the condition for the report to go ahead and be send. In my opinion to have transparency I would make sure filters always can be applied (just like suggested by @andregas ) and then report condition check to check if report should be sent:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1666303402696.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello @MarcinSwiderski_BPX ,

The users received the errors because nprinting try to filter an inconsistent set of data on Sense/View.

To solve it you should add a placeholder record with 0/null value for each combination of nprinting filter.
After that you can use the condition to disable report when it 0.

Let me know if it solve your problem.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @MarcinSwiderski_BPX 

one more thing could be use of conditions on the Report (not on the task). You could have a condition with "chart has values" which should evaluate if the report for that user will have data. 

There are 2 issues here really - one is maintenance of filters and possibility for NPrinting to apply a filter second is the condition for the report to go ahead and be send. In my opinion to have transparency I would make sure filters always can be applied (just like suggested by @andregas ) and then report condition check to check if report should be sent:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1666303402696.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
MarcinSwiderski_BPX
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech, I did not notice that conditions can be assigned to the report.  You solved my problem

Best Regards Marcin Świderski