Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squeen94
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Using multiple user filters to generate reports to specific users

Hi All,

I am using Nprinting 17 November 2018 and have found a problem when using user filters.

I have created an NPrinting publish task that sends out reports to specific people within an opertational team. This team go out an carry out inspections and wanted a report to be send to them of the inspections they attend. This currently runs once every hour. The requirements were as follows:

1- Only the user who creates the inspection report should receive it i.e in user base of lets say 10 people, if person X generates a report this should only go to person X.

2- Once a user receives a report they do not need to receive it again.

3- If no report created for user then no email needed.

To meet reuqirement 1, I have used a series of User Filters to match the email address field to the user's email address.

To meet requirement 2, I have designed the dashboard to only show data for reports generated within the past hour (using reloadtime() in my set analysis).

This all works when either there are no reports created since the last reload or everyone in the user base creates a report. The issue i have is when say 2 people out of the user base create a report within the hour window and the rest don't, the two users who create the reports get their's sent to them fine but the others receive the automatially generated "Some report failed to generate: ...." email and i get a warning in the task log to say the filter has failed to apply for these users.

Is there another way i can set this up so that in this situation the users who havent created a report don't get the error email sent?

Thanks in Advance.

Stephen

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@squeen94 

With NPrinting 2019 and later versions, it is possible to use administrative settings to manage emails sent.

Please check the following to determine if these settings meet your requirement.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Monit...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@squeen94 

With NPrinting 2019 and later versions, it is possible to use administrative settings to manage emails sent.

Please check the following to determine if these settings meet your requirement.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Monit...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
squeen94
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Frank

Frank_S
Support
Support

My pleasure!

Take care...fs