Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keitaru
Creator
Creator

Where do I add evaluated formula in excel upload

Hi Qlik expert,

I'm creating multiple filters and users using the Excel upload feature available, under the Filter table in the excel template provided in nPrinting Template link, where do I put in formula of my field? and ideally how should the formula look (especially if set analysis is involved.

Keitaru_1-1708484003881.png

Also for Filters would creating multiple fields within a filter work on excel and is there any example I can refer to?

Keitaru_0-1708483960195.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Keitaru 

there you go:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1708502756591.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1708502702475.png

You just populate the syntax as documented in the line where you create filter. 

Were you doing it like that?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Keitaru 

1. Have you studied documentation on https://help.qlik.com ? That needs to be always your first reference - have you done that already?

If you did - you would be going thorugh this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...

Lastly, please be precise when formulating your question:

• what type of filters are you trying to create as those are represented by respective columns in template so we need to know?
    • value is?
    • or numerical value is?
    • or evaluate value?
    • or advanced search?
  • in your sample you put some strange <evaluate> tag in column which is representing "evaluate value" filter. Why do you do that? This applies to variable filter which has option to set variable value or evaluate but this is not part of field selection filter
  • you already have sample in front of you so I dont understand what other example you need. you can see that syntax for most of the time is fileds and values delimited with comas

Critical thing here is to identify type of the filter you are applying (marked red above)!

more about filters on my blog: https://nprintingadventures.com/category/nprinting/filters/

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1708486723540.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Keitaru
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I have looked at the help and even watched a few youtube videos read a few of the forum post but didn't see exactly how it has been done. That's why i'm asking it in here.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok that is fair enough but it still does not answer my question regarding what type of filter are you trying to apply? I marked it in red in my previous post as that must be starting point before we go any further in the discussion. I also put below here the equivalent screenshot directly from NPrinting. 

Each of the options highlighted below works differently, has dedicated usecase and requirements and supports certain data types in Qlik data model. I also mentioned that each of those options is represented in import template by separate column which is obvious when you look at it. 

So once again - what type of filters are you trying to create import for?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1708494046310.png

cheers

Keitaru
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Trying to create multiple filters with 2 values each.

1. Filter out a single client (based on "Value is") 
  2. Filter out maxDate based on Month (image below)

This is to be tagged to various different users which would be in a group for us to send out monthly reports on from our targeted QV app.

Keitaru_0-1708500975151.png

2 Fields within filter.

Keitaru_1-1708501075757.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Keitaru 

there you go:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1708502756591.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1708502702475.png

You just populate the syntax as documented in the line where you create filter. 

Were you doing it like that?

cheers

Lech

Keitaru
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Yes, was quite confused by the columns and the relations to the drop down selection.

Thank you for the detailed example.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great we could help although I will just say it again  - it is all in https://help.qlik.com very well explained:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...

each column with what it does.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1708508205358.png

cheers