Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

nPrinting 17.2 and 17.3 attach external file

I'm working with Nprinting 17.2 and 17.3

I need to attach external files (files not generated from nprinting), as was possible in nPrinting version 16

On the NPrinting 17.2 help web pages, there is a page for this (see link below)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.2/Content/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/CanIattachExterna...

I cannot find these configurations on the management console in 17.2.2.0 or 17.3 however

Funny enough, on the Nprinting 17.3 help pages, this section has disappeared completely

If this is possible, I would appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the configurations, alternatively tell me if it is not possible and that the 17.2 help page entry is a bad copy and paste mistake from the version 16 documentation,

I'm so frustrated because so many features that were in version 16 has been removed in version 17, it makes life very difficult for nPrinting report developers.

Thanks,

Jan-Hendrik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am with you men - I am frustrated sometimes too!

NPrinting 17 is new product! It is not next version of NPrinting 16. It will eventually replace it and it will have feature gaps filled  - this requires some time! Lets all be patient about it. Next version coming up soon will have some new features for sure (I hope)

Now - what external files you need to attach? DOC, XLS, PDFs? Maybe you can create "dummy reports with those files and attach them as reports"?

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Jan-Hendrik, i have same question. Did you get answer about it?

regards,

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Damain

Unfortunately not

Jan-Hendrik

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am with you men - I am frustrated sometimes too!

NPrinting 17 is new product! It is not next version of NPrinting 16. It will eventually replace it and it will have feature gaps filled  - this requires some time! Lets all be patient about it. Next version coming up soon will have some new features for sure (I hope)

Now - what external files you need to attach? DOC, XLS, PDFs? Maybe you can create "dummy reports with those files and attach them as reports"?

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable

Yes, I talked with Qlik Support and they give me the same solution. At the moment there isn't another way to attach an external file.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Does it solve your issue then?

cheers

Lech

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

In my opinion its "sales talk" to say that this is a new product, I would have rather said that Qlik broke the program.

If you install/implement a program at a client you use the latest available version of a product. Now suddenly features that use to work is simply just not there anymore,

Anyways, I appreciate the fact that Qlik is revamping the product to fit in with the new Qlik architecture and will wait with anticipation  for future releases to solve my issues

Jan-Hendrik

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

actually thinking about it, Qlik should not have called the "new product" NPRINTING at all but rather have given it a new name, "NEXT" 🙂 , that would have been less confusing

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well,

If you want to use latest available (old version) - you have a NPrinting 16.6 which is supported with QlikView 12. So you can still use old program if you want to.

now comparing NPrinting 16 and NPrinting 17 it is like comparing: Windows XP with Windows 10 - they are still MSWindows operating systems, but they are not the same products anymore.

Also regarding naming:

there are 2 names:

• "QlikView NPrinting" is Old version - only for QlikView (this includes 17.0 version which - agree - may be confusing)
  • "Qlik NPrinitng" is a new version - supporting QlikView and Qlik Sense

1.png