Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

"Report Generation Failed" or "preview request failed with message"

Dear Folks, 

I am experiencing weird behavior of NPrinting in production server.  I have created 3 task and all of them are triggering report daily to respective users but sometimes with few exception and sometimes not. 

Case 1: Task completed successfully. 

Case 2: Task completed with warnings 

Case 3: Task completed with "Failed"

in case 2 & 3 email is triggered to all users but without attachment  and error i am getting  is "Report Generation failed" . and immediately after failed or warning if i run task manually then it will get complete with no errors. 

Also, In preview of template editor of report  i am experiencing unexpected behavior. sometimes preview open and sometimes not.

I don't know what is causing the problem. I have installed below versions on Nprinting server. Do i need reinstall NPrinting designer or should i change Office version ?  

Microsoft Office :  Ofiice 365 ProPlus

Nprinting version : Nprinting November 2019 

Kindly Suggest help would be much much appreciable.  

Below are the screenshot and log file for your reference. 

Cheers 

Sarfaraz

+91 7620140822

Nprinting Error.png

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The message suggests to the the Qlik NPrinting Engine logs. Did you do this? Could you post here the full Engines logs?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Sarfaraz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ruggero for reply, 

Please find attached zip file contains all log files for your perusal.

Thanks

Sarfaraz

+91 7620140822

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on the logs it seems that you have intermittent network errors between the Qlik NPrinting Engines and the Qlik Sense Server and also between the Qlik NPrinting Server and the SMTP.

I suggest you to open a problem investigation and include:

•  a link to this conversation
  • all the Qlik NPrinting log files. If you have more Engines include the logs from all of them
  • the Qlik Sense server logs
  • Windows logs (system, application, security) of the Qlik Sense server, Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engines and Qlik NPrinting Designer (the computer where you made the Designer screenshot)

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Sarfaraz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ruggero for comment, you mean opening investigation to Qlik Support for further investigation or what ? 

Thanks 

Sarfaraz

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, sorry for not to be clear. Open a support ticket so the support team can investigate. We need more detailed information to understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero, 

As per your second last comment please find attached windows logs.  Also would like to know which log file you need from Qlik Sense server . you need Engine , Proxy, scheduler, repository etc.  under each and every category there are 3 folders System, Audit etc. 

Specifically what logs you need from Qlik Sense Perspective. 

I have attached windows log and Nprinting log. Only one engine is license we have . we do not have multiple engine license for NPrinting Server. 

Thanks 

Sarfaraz

+91 7620140822 

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Sense log about engine, proxy, and repository.

Don't send them to me here, attach them to the support ticket please.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero