cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PiusM
Contributor
Contributor

unable to Login to NPrinting after database restore

Objective: I am trying to build a new Qlik NPrinting instance and restore data from another instance. Ver Apr 2018 (18.9.5.0 to 18.9.5.0)
Status: I completed the vanilla install, tested logging into the web console which I was able to. Applied the license keys, then proceeded to do the data restore using the steps in the support article
https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000032251?_ga=2.110988101.1986798582.1553209195-156461086.154...
Problem: Once the restore completed. I was able to restart services and when launched the web console, it launched the login screen in a browser window as expected but my previous password does not work here. Tried both Windows and NPrint in the email id format. Will I need to know the admin password of the env where the backup was performed.

On the forums, under NPrinting discussions, I found the thread that was closest to the issue I am having but the solution is not documented online. But thanks to Ruggero's post I did get a clue.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Migrate-NPrinting-to-a-New-Server/m-p/16324...

I am able to connect to the nprinting database as superuser using the pgadmin4 client and noticed that the USR table has been overwritten and with users from the previous environment. Will I need one of them to login for the first time and set me up or is there a way to get back this table from the restore-point that was created automatically during the restore.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you restore a Qlik NPrinting Repository from a backup the destination database is deleted and replaced with the content of the backup. Also the table with the users details is replaced so you need to use the admin password of the user that is in the origina installation, that one you used to create the backup.

The issue you linked was solved in February 2018, you are using April 2018 so you should not experience it. Be sure that the backup file is created from the same version of the destination and that both are February 2018 or newer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you restore a Qlik NPrinting Repository from a backup the destination database is deleted and replaced with the content of the backup. Also the table with the users details is replaced so you need to use the admin password of the user that is in the origina installation, that one you used to create the backup.

The issue you linked was solved in February 2018, you are using April 2018 so you should not experience it. Be sure that the backup file is created from the same version of the destination and that both are February 2018 or newer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PiusM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I contacted the environment owner of the source backup and got the admin credentials. I was able to login entering these details in email id format. Made a note in our internal documentation. Thanks for your help.