Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

As part of our ongoing SaaS product roadmap, we are excited to announce the launch of Qlik Sense Business, our newest SaaS offering designed to help groups and teams collaborate on analytics and make faster data-driven decisions.

Is this the same as Qlik Sense Cloud Business?

No, and it’s not just a name change, either. Qlik Sense Business is a new, enhanced offering with more capabilities that groups and teams can use to build and share apps for greater discoveries.
Qlik Sense Business runs on Qlik Cloud Services, our cloud-native, Kubernetes-based SaaS platform that also hosts Qlik Sense Enterprise.  Qlik Sense Business users will now benefit from the same speed, performance, and availability as our enterprise SaaS users. Additionally, Qlik Sense Business also shares the same enhanced and redesigned user interface, cloud hub, and management console as Qlik Sense Enterprise on Qlik Cloud Services.

Qlik Sense Business users benefit from:

•  Full Qlik Sense analytics capabilities, including the Associative Engine
•  All of Qlik’s latest augmented intelligence capabilities, including insight suggestions
•  Drag-and-drop app creation and fully interactive apps
•  A personal space to create your own content and share with anyone you wish
•  Five shared spaces where your team members can do-develop and share apps
•  Direct data connectivity to over 40 data sources
•  Automated data refreshes

The global roll out of Qlik Sense Business is underway. Be one of the first by to start your 30-day trial now. You will be able to create your tenant in minutes, and begin creating and sharing apps immediately – all without any downloads or installations. 

Currently a Qlik Sense Cloud Business user?

Stay tuned for upcoming details next months. We’ll tell you how you can migrate from Qlik Sense Cloud Business and subscribe to Qlik Sense Business. You’ll also be eligible for a limited-time offer savings when you migrate your existing cloud subscription.

120 Comments
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

@rodrigo_dittric  All versions of Qlik Sense natively optimize on a mobile device through a browser.   Currently, the Qlik Sense Mobile app, which enables full feature offline mobile capabilities, requires Qlik Sense Enterprise.

-Josh

Qlik

rodrigo_dittric
Contributor III
Contributor III

I've been talking to the internal managers here and passed the news where will have this new product (QSB).

It's really a shame not to have the option of QSCB, because we had 3 projects triggered for new customers and was passed the value of $ 15.00, and with these new values the option that was passed to me that we should choose the PBI due to the difference. price. (Before $ 10.00 to $ 15.00 didn't make much difference, but now from $ 10.00 to $ 30.00 the difference is considerable).

What makes me make a little sense is the fact that I have strong knowledge already in Qlik Sense and now I need to learn a new tool.

This was a big loss for us, as not all customers are willing to pay twice the price.

0 Likes
Varshanm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi All, 

So I have signed up for the 30 days trail period. I am trying to connect to SQL and keep on getting an error to check username, password or host name but all the information is correct. I have tried turning off encrypt data but get the same result. Any ideas?

Regards

Varsh

0 Likes
steve_br
Creator
Creator

@Michael_Tarallo  
@Josh_Good  
@QlikUpdate 

Hi guys! I started testing Qlik Sense Business and assigning user rights is much more difficult compared to Qlik Sense Cloud Business:

1) When I invite a new user I cannot immediately select the spaces that he/she should be allowed to see. There is no 'Members' overview as in QSCB.

2) I have to go to the 'Space > Manage members > Filter by name' and add users individually.
Another issue here - I can only add by name. This means that I have to wait for the user to accept my invite (otherwise they don't appear in the drop-down list).

3) Invited users that already have Qlik accounts are again asked for details such as name, company, job, phone. Why?

In conclusion:
- Bad experience from admin side - I have to wait for people to accept my invite and then go to each space individually and grant them rights
- Bad experience from end-user side - they have to enter all their details one more time and are presented with an empty Qlik environment because no rights have been assigned to them

Please fix this. And please let us know how to create user groups, I am looking for 1 hour now and cannot find an option for that.

Thank you!

0 Likes
steve_br
Creator
Creator

@Michael_Tarallo 
@Josh_Good 
@QlikUpdate 

Hi guys! My previous post disappeared, so here one more time:

I have started testing QSB and adding users is much more difficult than QSCB.

1) There is no 'Members' overview where I can assign user rights. 
2) I have to go to the space and add members based on their names. Another problem -  I can only add based on name. This means that I have to wait for the user to accept my invite, otherwise no name appears in the drop-down.
3) After accepting the invite users with existing Qlik accounts are asked to provide all their details again - name, job, phone, etc. Why?
4) I could not find how to create user groups.

Please fix this. It is bad from an admin perspective as I have to wait for users to accept my invite in order to give them access to spaces. It is also bad from end-user perspective as they have to enter all their details one more time and are presented with an empty Qlik environment because they have no rights assigned.

Thanks!

Varshanm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Something I noticed when trying to connect to our SQL server. When trying to create the connection, the trust server certificate check box is always checked and is greyed out. I suspect this is causing the issue where I cannot  connect to the server

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

0 Likes
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback around member management @steve_br.  I will make sure to pass it along to our Product teams.  Currently, you must assign users individually, there is no ability to create groups of users for management of access.      The need for users who already have a Qlik Account to provided details again was a bug that has now been fixed.

Josh

Qlik

0 Likes
fehqqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have had a quick look at this. I can't see a way to export storyboards to PDF/Powerpoint. Has this functionality been omitted from the new version?

0 Likes
rodrigo_dittric
Contributor III
Contributor III

Good afternoon!

I noticed that Qlik is already asking to start this month to migrate from QSCB to QSB, but the DropBox connection is not yet available.
Could you tell me how this issue is?

0 Likes
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

@fehqqlik export of stories is currently not available in Qlik Sense Business.  It is something on our roadmap however I do not have any specifics on timing.

-Josh

Qlik

0 Likes