Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
QlikSenseUpdates
Employee
Employee

We are thrilled to announce our August cloud release, which includes the launch of Qlik DataTransfer, an exciting new capability included in Qlik Sense Business and Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS that allows users to securely push on-premises data to the cloud for analysis. The August release also includes enhancements to support user onboarding and data literacy, tenant insights, improved scheduling features, and the launch of Qik Sense Enterprise SaaS on AWS Marketplace.

Let's get started, here are some details on what we are most excited about with the August release. 

Qlik DataTransfer

Many organizations are moving analytics to the cloud but have valuable, business-critical on-premises data they can’t leave behind.  We have a solution for this and are excited to introduce Qlik DataTransfer - a lightweight utility that is included cloud editions of Qlik Sense and securely pushes your on-premises data and local files to the cloud. It empowers users to get started quickly in the cloud and access, analyze and explore the full scope of their data.

Users can transfer on-premises data to the cloud without any inbound traffic, and securely send all data to Qlik Sense Business and Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS. Functionality is simple – select the data you want to transfer and let Qlik DataTransfer do the rest. It will optimize the data for transfer and land it where you need it. And, you can ensure you’re always viewing the most up to date data in Qlik Sense by setting Qlik DataTransfer to refresh data on a set schedule or monitor data for changes.

...you can access the full transcript, here

Analyzer App and Data Reload Improvements

Additional new features in the August release provide more visibility into tenant usage and optimization and provide enhanced capabilities for data reload schedules.

The new Analyzer App, available and supported through Qlik Community, will allow Qlik administrators to efficiently gain insights out of their tenants leveraging app metadata. The App Analyzer provides a comprehensive dashboard to analyze application metadata across a Qlik Sense tenant, providing developers and administrators with a holistic view of the makeup and integrity of all applications. This includes granular level detail about application data models and memory allocation including base RAM, peak reload RAM, field/table RAM, more.     Get it here! 

Additionally, the Qlik Sense hub has also been updated with more robust improvements to its current scheduler experience, with capabilities such as more granular selection of start time (down to five-minute intervals), ability to select start and end date, easily accessible reload history, and more.

...you can access the full transcript, here

Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS on AWS Marketplace

And finally, we are pleased to announce that Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS will be available via AWS Marketplace private offers beginning this week.  For businesses, this is a great opportunity to leverage the dedicated AWS budget to invest in Qlik Sense, unlocking more flexibility for onboarding and accelerating time to insights.

There is much more to learn about with this release, make sure to register for "Do More with Qlik" and become a Qlik Insider.  

13 Comments
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you @Michael_Tarallo . That would be brilliant if you could find out about the monthly release notes.  Alas, these days users have high expectations of constant uptime and reliability and can be quite fickle if something doesn't work or has changed. 

I can't think of a single IT person who loves mystery surprise changes to IT systems :).  You can't plan for it - all you can do is react.  Unfortunately, in the current cancel culture we live in that can result in users and people in charge of the purse-strings losing confidence in the system.   It's like Batman says, "failing to prepare is preparing to fail."

0 Likes
mspirandelli
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Michael!

Very interesting tool! However, when  I generate the API key in Qlik Sense Business I only have 6 hours or 1 day options, I don't have "a month" or "3 months" options. 

Should I contact support or it is supposed to be like this?

Thanks in advance!

Marco

PS: Found it! You have to change the default expiration time for API Keys on Management Console!

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

@sir_stone - regarding your issues with QDT - my PM said that what you are experiencing is odd unless there is some limitation on reaching outside services using browser -  We would need more information.

@squeakie_pig - I am told release notes have been published - they are on our support / download site linked from the main qlik.com site.

I would also suggest (if you have not already) subscribing to the Qlik Support Blog for the latest updates: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/bg-p/qlik-support-updates-blog

8-20-2020 10-32-06 AM.png

@mspirandelli - Hi Marco - you are correct - you have to set that first in the management console.

Thanks guys - please let me know if you have any more questions.