Skip to main content
Michael_Distler
Employee
Employee

As Qlik continues to focus on being a SaaS-first company, we’ve been transitioning various add-ons into the base product subscription.  In line with that, we’ve decided to expand access to Qlik Premium Web Connectors and eliminate any remaining requirements that they need to be purchased separately. 

Just a reminder that Qlik Premium Web Connectors offer more value and capabilities than the Standard Web Connectors.  A full list of both Standard and Premium Connectors can be found here.

Premium Web Connectors are already free to Qlik Sense customers who use the Professional/Analyzer licensing model.  But for other Qlik Sense users as well as any QlikView customers, a separate price and license was required.

After February 1, 2021, when any Qlik Sense or QlikView customer renews their subscription or support agreement, they will also be licensed to use all Premium Web Connectors at no additional cost. 

If you have any questions, please contact your local Qlik representative.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
bfielding
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi.  

Can you confirm that this is for all QV/QS customers whether perpetual or subscription licensing.  I would like to confirm that a renewal of a perpetual license would also get free premium connectors.  

Thanks!

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Great News!

0 Likes
Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator

Hi @Michael_Distler ,

our Qlik sense version is 2018,just on dec 2020 we installed QWC in the Server where qlik sense is installed, but i can see all the QWC are standard, so its just free for one month or  free till Qliksense subscription is valid.

So Jira QWC is free for the customer who are having Qlik Sense Professional/Analyzer licensing model?

Qlik-Developer_0-1612519132724.png

Qlik-Developer_1-1612519158758.jpeg

uwqliker
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Enterprise Feb 2021 release.

We're trying to install the premium web connectors as they are now free as of Feb 2021. We are trying to set up users of the connectors with an AD group but aren't sure how to proceed

It looks like this web connector service runs its own authentication system on its own web server on port 5555 with a list of its own users.  That seems like it will get messy. We have a AD connected authentication system in qlik and I would like to use that but I can not find anything in the help articles that shows if it is possible.

0 Likes
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@uwqliker - there's no way to integrate it with AD and I doubt that's going to be implemented since a) it's been like that for ever and b) Qlik are focussing their R&D on their SaaS offering (where a similar set of connectors are available and don't require maintaining a separate user directory just for that). 

0 Likes