Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
QlikSenseUpdates
Employee
Employee

We are excited to share news on the September 2018 release of Qlik Sense, and would like to highlight some of the key enhancements in this release.

Since the June 2018 Release, we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback on the value of Insight Advisor, and how it suggests the best analytics and insights to explore.  Qlik remains focused on Augmented Intelligence and the September 2018 Release expands the use of Insight Advisor to published Qlik Sense Apps, to encourage further data exploration across the enterprise.  This is only the beginning of how Qlik will reshape the analytics community with the power of our Cognitive Engine, with more to come around AI in future releases!

In addition, we are furthering our commitment to delivering ‘QlikView like’ features in Qlik Sense with our focus on Advanced Authoring.  The September 2018 release offers additional advanced authoring capabilities that enable customers to build sophisticated data layouts while improving the speed of application development through ease of use.  These include:

• Better control over information density within the Qlik Sense client for devices that support touch and mouse input
  • Default bookmarks for setting initial selection state when applications are opened
  • The ability to turn off responsiveness of the client for custom sheet sizing
  • Expression Editor enhancements including direct links to help, restructured function categorization and improved search capabilities
  • Visualization control improvements including conditional show/hide in pivot tables and customizable master measures

Charts Sept 2018.png
We are excited to announce another high-value enhancement delivering a key customer requirement. The September 2018 Release offers the ability to move multiple apps from stream to stream which removes the previous limitations from the Qlik Management Console (QMC).  Further, we have made investments to improve performance and stability with upgrades to our open source front-end framework.

The September 2018 Release will also deliver enhanced mapping capabilities including a new Density Map Layer that is very useful when mapping data on a highly localized and detailed level.    The Density Map Layer is a multi-color gradient background where the color intensity depends on the weight and closeness of points.  This map layer is useful for mapping data such as: crime statistics, house values, etc.  The release does not stop there as we have made other general mapping improvements around additional controls and data inputs.

DensityMapImage.png

For value-added products, we’ve strengthened the capabilities of Qlik NPrinting around administration, expanded authoring, and improved security for report consumption.  For example, you can now import users/roles from an LDAP source and, if desired, you can substitute the TLS Cipher suite.  In addition, Qlik NPrinting now has session expiration log out, output of reports in .xlsm formats, and report level password protection. 

We continue to expand connectivity with the addition of Microsoft Azure DB and Jira connectors, while also delivering enhanced security with LDAP authentication within the integrated connector to Presto. More to come later this month on additional SAP connectors!

And last, the September 2018 release addresses the mobile security requirements of large enterprise deployments, delivering full support for AirWatch EMM. As AirWatch is among the fastest growing EMM vendors, it is critical for Qlik in becoming a tier one vendor to integrate well with and support this platform! 

The much-anticipated Qlik Associative Big Data Index is to be released later this month via a new Early Access Program (EAP).  Look out for more information in the coming days.

Watch the What's New video to see these awesome features in action:

What's New in Qlik Sense September 2018

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or organization? Download the .mp4 attached to this post to watch on your computer or mobile device.

Resources:

59 Comments
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sebastian,

The ability to refer to a Measure from another measure is on the roadmap for Qlik Sense as well as exposing Measure to different apps as part of the Global Resource Library.

Thank you for your feedback!

Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Hi pavankpunati‌, I can confirm that Qlik Sense September 2018 is compatible with Qlik NPrinting 17 and beyond.

0 Likes
georgiohb
Contributor
Contributor

Please add a search feature for variables! We're almost in 2019 and we're still searching each variable by it's own.

(Plus an option to rename it)

0 Likes
msteedle
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hey Mike. Thank you as always for the detail on the new release. Minor suggestion that would make these posts even better: a sample QVF containing examples of the new features. Then people could download it and play around with them with minimal time investment (other than upgrading).

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌hi  Michael,

Yes I agree with you. Normally for these I just create a video and somebody else creates the posts. So I will always include samples and attachments when I post something within the design blog but the innovation  Blog is usually supposed to be just info etc. I will work with the team that posts these and see what a good solution will be going forward. In the meantime I am working on a couple things regarding these features to be posted in the design blog shortly. Thanks for your comments and questions.  When I return next week if you would like any samples please message me in the community I can send some things over to you directly.

Have a good weekend.

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

0 Likes
sayyadhussaini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike,

Does Qlik sense Septmber 2018 version includes Qlik sense June 2018_patch 1 fixes ?

Br,

Clark M

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Clark - I'll check - I would imagine that the most recent release includes accumulated fixes for problems in previous releases. Have you noticed something?

0 Likes
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi czo!

I was hoping that the default bookmarks were going to allow the use of expressions, so that one would only need to set a bookmark once if one needed to always open an app having the current day or month selected, e.g., using  =max(Month) in the search box of a field box and then storing the bookmark.  This doesn't seem like a supported feature in Qlik Sense, but is supported in QlikView.

Can you comment about the possible support for bookmark expressions in Sense and if these could be used as default bookmarks for an App?

Cheers,

--José

0 Likes
vkish16161
Creator III
Creator III

Search is partially added. If you go to the expression editor, there is a variables tab. In that tab you can search for variables. This feature came out in July.

0 Likes
vlanevich
Contributor
Contributor

qliksenseupdates

Sorry, but link you posted to download update is QlikView update NOT QlikSense.

Maybe I do something wrong...

Please give me the right link.

Resources:To download, please login first under https://qlikid.qlik.com/signin and then click here!

0 Likes