Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
QlikSenseUpdates
Employee
Employee

We are excited to share news on the September 2018 release of Qlik Sense, and would like to highlight some of the key enhancements in this release.

Since the June 2018 Release, we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback on the value of Insight Advisor, and how it suggests the best analytics and insights to explore.  Qlik remains focused on Augmented Intelligence and the September 2018 Release expands the use of Insight Advisor to published Qlik Sense Apps, to encourage further data exploration across the enterprise.  This is only the beginning of how Qlik will reshape the analytics community with the power of our Cognitive Engine, with more to come around AI in future releases!

In addition, we are furthering our commitment to delivering ‘QlikView like’ features in Qlik Sense with our focus on Advanced Authoring.  The September 2018 release offers additional advanced authoring capabilities that enable customers to build sophisticated data layouts while improving the speed of application development through ease of use.  These include:

• Better control over information density within the Qlik Sense client for devices that support touch and mouse input
  • Default bookmarks for setting initial selection state when applications are opened
  • The ability to turn off responsiveness of the client for custom sheet sizing
  • Expression Editor enhancements including direct links to help, restructured function categorization and improved search capabilities
  • Visualization control improvements including conditional show/hide in pivot tables and customizable master measures

Charts Sept 2018.png
We are excited to announce another high-value enhancement delivering a key customer requirement. The September 2018 Release offers the ability to move multiple apps from stream to stream which removes the previous limitations from the Qlik Management Console (QMC).  Further, we have made investments to improve performance and stability with upgrades to our open source front-end framework.

The September 2018 Release will also deliver enhanced mapping capabilities including a new Density Map Layer that is very useful when mapping data on a highly localized and detailed level.    The Density Map Layer is a multi-color gradient background where the color intensity depends on the weight and closeness of points.  This map layer is useful for mapping data such as: crime statistics, house values, etc.  The release does not stop there as we have made other general mapping improvements around additional controls and data inputs.

DensityMapImage.png

For value-added products, we’ve strengthened the capabilities of Qlik NPrinting around administration, expanded authoring, and improved security for report consumption.  For example, you can now import users/roles from an LDAP source and, if desired, you can substitute the TLS Cipher suite.  In addition, Qlik NPrinting now has session expiration log out, output of reports in .xlsm formats, and report level password protection. 

We continue to expand connectivity with the addition of Microsoft Azure DB and Jira connectors, while also delivering enhanced security with LDAP authentication within the integrated connector to Presto. More to come later this month on additional SAP connectors!

And last, the September 2018 release addresses the mobile security requirements of large enterprise deployments, delivering full support for AirWatch EMM. As AirWatch is among the fastest growing EMM vendors, it is critical for Qlik in becoming a tier one vendor to integrate well with and support this platform! 

The much-anticipated Qlik Associative Big Data Index is to be released later this month via a new Early Access Program (EAP).  Look out for more information in the coming days.

Watch the What's New video to see these awesome features in action:

What's New in Qlik Sense September 2018

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or organization? Download the .mp4 attached to this post to watch on your computer or mobile device.

Resources:

59 Comments
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks Michael, the point here is that there are another worse and cheaper tools that still got that and we cannot do an article report with photos with our powerful tool. Hope we can get it soon.

Regards, Marcel.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Apologies I didn't l know it had merged. I was following the documentation for the April 2018 release as that's what I'm updating from and it said there should be an update exe:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployme...

Whilst I'm here, it says to stop Qlik Services but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this officially. Usually it's via the services manager in Windows but I'm not sure if those sudden kills and might break something.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chak - hmm let me check, I am not familiar with and update.exe file - btw restarting service should not break anything - just be sure to stop and restart all of them and clear your browser's cache.

0 Likes
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

chakleung The update.exe is only available when going applying a patch for the same release of Qlik Sense. e.g. going from June 2018 to June 2018 Patch 1. For major releases you have run the full setup program e.g. going from April 2018 to September 2018.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello  Michael,

Actually September version has a great features, we have setup it, but it is very very slow before we were working on Qlik Sense 3.0, and there is no comparison between two versions regarding to the Response, also the June version has the same issue but not  in April version  

Please advise.

Thanks,

Salah

0 Likes
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hello Salah,

could you be a bit more specific where you see performance issues ? Are you talking about the performance in an App while a user is making selections ? What I would ask you to do, is to open a support ticket because we would definitely have to take a look into your log files and doing a proper analysis of what might cause the issue your are seeing here. And did you run the upgrade straight from QS 3.0 to QS September 2018 ?

Regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Thomas,

I have uninstall 3.0 then install the latest version. I install April version before on test server, and it was more fast on the response to the users, but when I install September version on our production server the response to users is very slow, when we open any application it takes about 30 seconds to show sheets,also on the selections, so we  refresh the page multiple times.

Now our organization make a comparison between Power BI  and Qlik Sense because of this performance issue.

Regards,

Salah

September 2018

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hello Salah,

that is for sure not the regular behavior within Qlik Sense Enterprise September 2018. There must be something wrong within the deployment which we are happy to help you with. What you are describing here is definitely something we would have to drive through our support organisation as it would require us to take a look into some log files and even having a look into your environment.

Do you know how to create a support ticket via the customer portal ? This is where you will see the link which takes you to the portal: https://www.qlik.com/us/services/support

Please let us know if you need any further assistance to help you.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
kreganti
Contributor
Contributor

Can you add legend for the color code by expression.

Thank you,

Kavya

0 Likes