Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III

CDP endpoint setup

Good day

Our Cloudera sandbox environment has been upgraded from CDH 5.16.2 to CDP 7.1.4

With Replicate 7.0.0, I can still successfully set up and test a Hadoop-type endpoint to the upgraded Cloudera cluster, but  if I use exactly the same credentials for a CDP-type endpoint, the test connection (and hive "browse databases") fail with error:

• SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 28000 NativeError: 9 Message: [Cloudera][ThriftExtension] (9) Error occurred while authenticating via SASL. Error details: SASL(-1): generic failure: Failed to initialize security context: The specified target is unknown or unreachable.
  • SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 28000 NativeError: 9 Message: [Cloudera][ThriftExtension] (9) Error occurred while authenticating via SASL. Error details: SASL(-1): generic failure: Failed to initialize security context: The specified target is unknown or unreachable

What is the difference in setup of a CDP endpoint? Are there prerequisites available? I could not find anything in the release notes. 

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanx

Abrie

2 Replies
AlexeySosnovskih
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Try to download CDP ODBC driver and install it on replicate machine to access CDP cluster.

Set endpoint on replicate using CDP driver.

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Alexey

Thanx for your reply.

I've installed Cloudera ODBC driver for Apache Hive, version 2.06.09, as recommended by our Cloudera admin. Hadoop endpoint type is working, CDP not.

I'll dig around a bit more.

🙂