Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_schueller
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

SAP CDC

Hello,

In the case of using SAP (DB) as source: Is CDC based on the source database (Oracle) logs or/and on the SAP logs?

Thanks for your answer.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hi,

Thank you for the post to the QDI forums. For the SAP Application DB the data that is stored on the backend Oracle DB is where the Replicate Tool will read from the Redo Logs using the Replicate Binary Reader as defined in the Oracle Source Endpoint that is the backend DB for the SAP Application.

Thanks!

Bill

View solution in original post

5 Replies
David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi t_schueller,

The CDC is based on both, SAPP uses TRANSPORTS from SAP to the backend DB. Hopefully, that answers your question!

Let us know if you have any others!

Thanks,

David

t_schueller
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi David,

Thanks for the answer. So yes, it's clear, I wanted to make sure that both were used.

By the way, do you have a description of what is done or created by SAP Transport?

My client's SAP experts would like to know what is created and possibly modified.

Best regards,

Thibaut

David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi T_schueller,

Thanks for reaching back out! We deliver the transports with the product and the SAP DBA has to install them depending on SAP you are using. You should find it in the R4SAP.zip. Hopefully, that helps!

Thanks,
David

t_schueller
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

David,

Thanks for your answer. Actually I am familiar with SAP Transports and the process. I would like more details about the code inside your SAP Transports and what they create or modify  in SAP.

Best regards,

Thibaut

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hi,

Thank you for the post to the QDI forums. For the SAP Application DB the data that is stored on the backend Oracle DB is where the Replicate Tool will read from the Redo Logs using the Replicate Binary Reader as defined in the Oracle Source Endpoint that is the backend DB for the SAP Application.

Thanks!

Bill