Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjames
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Transformation to include primaryKeyPosition in target data

Hello,

I am looking for some help related to transformations available. We are using kafka as a target. One of the requirement for us is to have primary key identifier in the data message topic itself. The field primaryKeyPosition is available in metadata topic but that is not what we are after. Are there any transformations available which can be used to include primaryKeyPosition in the data message?

Thanks and Regards,

jjames

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EyalSilner
Employee
Employee

Hi James,

Data messages can include new header fields, using the Table Transformation feature ("Add New Column" + "Expression Builder"), where you can easily select one or more of the available header fields, as part of the expression. The problem is that not all of the header fields are available for the transformation-expression feature and "primaryKeyPosition" is one of those fields.

I think this is a legitimate request and I suggest you add it as a "new idea" (in Community > Qlik Product Insight & Ideas), where the PM can gather votes and then consider pushing it into the work-plan.

Regards,

Eyal.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EyalSilner
Employee
Employee

Hi James,

Data messages can include new header fields, using the Table Transformation feature ("Add New Column" + "Expression Builder"), where you can easily select one or more of the available header fields, as part of the expression. The problem is that not all of the header fields are available for the transformation-expression feature and "primaryKeyPosition" is one of those fields.

I think this is a legitimate request and I suggest you add it as a "new idea" (in Community > Qlik Product Insight & Ideas), where the PM can gather votes and then consider pushing it into the work-plan.

Regards,

Eyal.