Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
attunitysupportcs
Partner - Contributor III

Advanced setting tab for the Microsoft Azure SQL Database as Target

In this advanced tab, I would like to clarify more about two parameters

First is the "Use BCP for loading tables"

Question: If I plan to do CDC replication tasks ( Apply Changes), select the "Use BCP for loading tables" will affect the data capture process?

Second is the "Internal Parameter"

Question: What is the effect to my replication task if have select the internal parameter "suspendTableWithComputedColumn". Can you clarify more on this parameter since there are limited sources in the Qlik Website.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @attunitysupportcs 

BCP only affects the Full Load process, not CDC. BCP does have a limitation where if it is turned on, unlimited LOB columns are not supported, even for the CDC process. LOB column sizes would need to be limited or the use of BCP needs to be turned off.

I'm not entirely sure if the use of BCP for Full Loads would be faster or not using BCP. More info on BCP can be found in Microsoft's documentation. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/bcp-and-sql-azure/

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @attunitysupportcs 

suspendTableWithComputedColumn is a default internal parameter that is turned on for some source endpoints such as SQL Server. It suspends a table when a computed column is detected in the source tables. Endpoints such as SQL Server do not support computed columns for CDC so the task will result in errors if one is detected. This parameter suspends just the table in question so the rest of the task can continue replication. If turned off, the whole task will stop from the errors.

attunitysupportcs
Author

Hi Alan,

How about the "Use BCP for loading tables"? If I plan to do CDC replication tasks ( Apply Changes), select the "Use BCP for loading tables" will affect the data capture process? The Qlik website written "Use BCP for loading tables: Select this to transfer data for full-load operations using BCP." Is this means the BCP only for full-load operations?

Thanks.

Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @attunitysupportcs 

BCP only affects the Full Load process, not CDC. BCP does have a limitation where if it is turned on, unlimited LOB columns are not supported, even for the CDC process. LOB column sizes would need to be limited or the use of BCP needs to be turned off.

I'm not entirely sure if the use of BCP for Full Loads would be faster or not using BCP. More info on BCP can be found in Microsoft's documentation. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/bcp-and-sql-azure/