Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III

Backing up and applying a new license

How can one backup a Qlik Replicate license and restore if necessary?

To apply a new license, I know Server --> License --> Register License --> Load --> select the license file.

Do I need to restart Qlik services?

Please let me know as I need to plan for a downtime if require one for production.

Thank you.

Desmond

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

First of all, no need to restart Qlik services after license replacement or new license registration.

Regarding the license 'backup', I'm afraid no easy way there, Qlik Replicate always replace the existing license registration. You may switch different license by original license files register.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

First of all, no need to restart Qlik services after license replacement or new license registration.

Regarding the license 'backup', I'm afraid no easy way there, Qlik Replicate always replace the existing license registration. You may switch different license by original license files register.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Yadunandan
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew 

There is no need to restart Qlik services after registering the license.

For backing up, you need to keep a copy of the license.txt which you will have received when you have requested the license. This can be used as required.

Regards
Yadunandan