cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adbdkb
Creator
Creator

Can we run a simple query using source endpoint

I am just starting to explore Qlik Replicate.  My first task is replicate a DB2 table to a Kafka topic.  So, I am trying to set-up the source and target endpoints.  

I do not know the DB2 database - it belongs to a different team.  So, one of things I would like to do is run simple SQL SELECT queries on different tables in the schema I am going to work on to understand the database a little.

Is there a way to run queries on a connection?  If so, how can I do it?

Thanks

21 Replies
adbdkb
Creator
Creator
Author

I think the basic question is answered and we are having more of a philosophical discussion 🙂 - but whether I write to a file or Kafka topic or S3,  if I am officially given access to Kafka / S3, then writing to a file is not bypassing the security, it is just making it easy for testing as a starting point when defining the task - before I get the Kafka topic created or Kafka certs installed on replicate server ( the server admins are a different team and they told me that they will have to add the client truststore for Kafka on their side  )  or  S3 buckets defined and access roles assigned etc.  Previously, I used to work for a boss who was CISO for the company, so one of the things I  know not to do is try to bypass security for Amy reason.  Rather, I used to promote that to different teams I used to work with, to not try to do it 🙂

Anyways,  I am totally new to Qlik Replicate tool, started looking at it this week,  so pardon me if this is a basic question, but is REPCTL to be run on Qlik server or can it be run from the GUI.

Thanks

lyka
Support
Support

Hello,

repctl commands should be run on the qlik server

Thanks

Lyka