Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compatibility with Db2 for z/os V13

Good morning

actually we use Qllik with IBM Db2 for z/os V12 NFM as Source Endpoint

We are planning migration to IBM for z/os V13 but Qlik does not support it (we expected that in MAy 2023 release that endboint should be included)

Please can you tell us what is the "official" release of Qlik that will include DB2 V13 as supported DBMC  version ?

let us know

best regards

Alessandro Ferrario

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @feal ,

Yes it's correct. Replicate version 2023.5 supports DB2z 12/12.1/13.1 as source endpoint. 

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @feal unfortunately the IBM DB2 connector has been removed from the ODBC connector package and will not return in the next release.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/IBM_DB...

the way to use it would be to install a ODBC driver from a 3rd party e.g. https://www.progress.com/supported-configurations/datadirect?ds=ibm-db2&interface=odbc and then use that one to connect. Or ask the IBM support which driver they can provide for version 13.

regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sebastian

thank you for the answer.

I opened first link  you cited and  it's' quite strange : it does not list neither Db2 for z/os V11 (that is also  End Of Support) neither Db2 for z/os V12.

However my question is different : Qlik replicate can support Db2 for z/os V13  as source endpoint  ? If not when Qlik Replicate will support it ? My question is NOT related to odbc /jdbc drivers 

Let me know

best regards

Alessandro Ferrario

Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

you asked in the qlikview forum, i will check with the replicate team and come back to you.

regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sebastian

heve you any news about this tipic ?

We like to begin to plan Migration towards Db2 for z/os V13 and we have to know if Qlik product will support that 

Let me jknow.
best regards

Alessandro Ferrario

feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sebastian

heve you any news about this tipic ?

We like to begin to plan Migration towards Db2 for z/os V13 and we have to know if Qlik product will support that 

Let me jknow.
best regards

Alessandro Ferrario

feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sebastian

we unloades and  checked the Qlik software May 2023 documentation  and we noticed that in this link

Supported source endpoints #Supported source endpoints | Qlik Replicate Help

Db2 for z/Os V13  is now supported as a Source EndPoint : can you confirm ?

let me know ASAP

Best regards

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @feal ,

Yes it's correct. Replicate version 2023.5 supports DB2z 12/12.1/13.1 as source endpoint. 

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok

Thank you !

best regards

A.F.