Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Does Qlik Replicate support ORACLE VARCHAR2(32767) ?

Hi All,

One of current customer asked about this.

Oracle supported varchar2(32767) after 12c version.  So customer ask about Qlik replicate supporting  varchar2(32767).

it means oracle source endpoint  use  varchar2(32767) columns, Does Qlik Replicate did not change data type   to CLOB on  oracle target or other database ?

For excample  oracle source and target table has   varchar2(32767) column ,  Qlik Replicate  can replicate without any error ?

Regards,

Kwangho 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @khchoy 

VARCHAR2(32767) will be converted to CLOB by Replicate. But if we want to have target datatype to continue having VARCHAR2 then we need to add transformation on the table to change the default CLOB to STRING(32767). Please try this in Test environment to verify the behavior.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Arun_Arasu
Support
Support

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Kwangho,

Thank you for the Post to the Qlik Replicate Forums. As noted by Arun the  VARCHAR2(32767)  is Supported as this is listed in the Supported Datatypes for Oracle. I would also check the TRANSFORM on the Table when setting up the Mapping of the Source and Target Table to ensure its mapping to a VARCHAR2 as well.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Or...

Thanks!

Bill

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @khchoy 

VARCHAR2(32767) will be converted to CLOB by Replicate. But if we want to have target datatype to continue having VARCHAR2 then we need to add transformation on the table to change the default CLOB to STRING(32767). Please try this in Test environment to verify the behavior.

Thanks,

khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank shashi.

Does any other why for this? such as use new syntaxes file.

Also can i use transformation clob to string(32767) for all supported target endpoints?

regards,

kwangho

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

Does any other why for this? such as use new syntaxes file.

ans: not sure what you mean

----

Also can i use transformation clob to string(32767) for all supported target endpoints?

ans: test you can use global transformation .

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi

I tested  ORACLE (AL32UTF8) to POSTGRESQL (UTF8) whr varchar2(6000) byte.

When I use character varying (6000) on target , FL  testing is OK , but change apply (cdc) testing is fail. (Null data)

target table character varying (6000) :  transformation clob -> string(6000) and  nochange ( clob)

transformation clob -> string(6000) - ONLY string(6000) column date is null

not transformation clob - all recorrd  missing with out any log information (record loss)

does any idea ?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @khchoy ,

I'm afraid I did not get your meaning exactly. could you please describe the behavior in detail? a screen copy is much better, and let me know what's the expected result.

BTW, what's the output of the query "show parameter max_string_size;" in Oracle DB?

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!