Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Does Qlik Replicate support "Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password'" of MySQL 8 ?

Hi All,

Does Qlik Replicate support "Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password'" of MySQL ?

User guide does not mentioned about this.

Regards,

KwangHo

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lyka
Support
Support

Good Day!

Replicate do not support caching_sha2_password.

I have seen a workaround  without touching the caching_sha2_password.dll file and that is by running this command and using the native password, 

Please note that although this worked, it may not be acceptable due to security concerns.

Use mysql_native_password

You can use the ALTER command to change the encryption of the password to mysql_native_password instead of the latest authentication plugin caching_sha2_password

ALTER USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

Thanks

Lyka

View solution in original post

3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hi KwangHo,

The User Guide Security requirements  mentions "The Qlik Replicate user must have Standard authentication in order to work with MySQL 8 as a source endpoint for CDC".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
lyka
Support
Support

Good Day!

Replicate do not support caching_sha2_password.

I have seen a workaround  without touching the caching_sha2_password.dll file and that is by running this command and using the native password, 

Please note that although this worked, it may not be acceptable due to security concerns.

Use mysql_native_password

You can use the ALTER command to change the encryption of the password to mysql_native_password instead of the latest authentication plugin caching_sha2_password

ALTER USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

Thanks

Lyka

khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks lyka, , I was able to understand clearly.

Regards,

KwangHo