Skip to main content

Qlik Replicate

Discussion board for collaboration on Qlik Replicate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonB2020
Contributor III
Contributor III

Export json: full schema definition

I am automating a full export of replicate via Enterprise Manager API.
..../v1/servers/{server_name}?action=export

The json attributes that result, understandably vary depending on individual task configurations.
e.g. suspended_tables_table_settings will simple equal {} if there are no such entries for the task.

Would it be possible to get a full schema definition for the export json, that shows all possible attributes, objects, arrays?
This would help me design onward processing that would cope with attributes/structures that may appear in the future.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

From my experience , when exporting the task json, it only includes the objects that are not using the default values.  

Thanks

Lyka

View solution in original post

Heinvandenheuvel
Creator III
Creator III

>> This would help me design onward processing that would cope with attributes/structures that may appear in the future

Yeah - Nah. It is easy to understand the desire, but it is just not going to happen in your lifetime so deal with it.

Deal only with what you know and understand, and be very respectful of anything (property) you do not know and 'pops up'.

Just move it along within it's proper structure. You can re-order json elements within a structure but even that should be avoided. Copy verbatim if you can only mucking with whitespace as you see fit. Specifically the $type property under db_settings must be the first element!

And yes, I've attempted to make spreadsheets and database tables to describe my tasks with the main attributes, but the full description has to remain the json. You can use such helper table to answer your own queries like which tasks use a non-default number of parallel load streams but if  there where to be a new property like a (silly example) load sorted by descending table name instead of the current default of ascensing nobody will tell you it is coming or perhaps is there already.

KISS!

Good luck,

Hein.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

From my experience , when exporting the task json, it only includes the objects that are not using the default values.  

Thanks

Lyka

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

From what i am understanding you would like to have the structure of the "export all" endpoint json response?

I tried to check in the user guide for the response structure but couldn't find it.

If you like please open a case and we will try and see if we can get the schema for you.

Heinvandenheuvel
Creator III
Creator III

>> This would help me design onward processing that would cope with attributes/structures that may appear in the future

Yeah - Nah. It is easy to understand the desire, but it is just not going to happen in your lifetime so deal with it.

Deal only with what you know and understand, and be very respectful of anything (property) you do not know and 'pops up'.

Just move it along within it's proper structure. You can re-order json elements within a structure but even that should be avoided. Copy verbatim if you can only mucking with whitespace as you see fit. Specifically the $type property under db_settings must be the first element!

And yes, I've attempted to make spreadsheets and database tables to describe my tasks with the main attributes, but the full description has to remain the json. You can use such helper table to answer your own queries like which tasks use a non-default number of parallel load streams but if  there where to be a new property like a (silly example) load sorted by descending table name instead of the current default of ascensing nobody will tell you it is coming or perhaps is there already.

KISS!

Good luck,

Hein.