cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyle_ch
Contributor
Contributor

Expression Builder unrecognized token

Trying to get data from a legacy database that uses some special characters in a few of the column names. When trying to use the Expression Builder I get the following error "SQLite general error. Code <1>, Message <unrecognized token: "#">.

This occurs even when trying to select it directly in the Columns section of the Expression Builder. example: ACCT#

Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
jjames
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @kyle_ch 

It seems like a limitation that is mentioned on the below page.

"Transformations cannot be performed on columns that contain special characters (e.g. #, \, /, -) in their name."

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2021/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/Custom...

If you are only looking for Full Load operation and not CDC, then you may create a view of the same table avoiding the special characters in the column and then use that view in the Replication Task.

Thanks,

jjames

kyle_ch
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That talks about Global Transformations and to say "Transformations cannot be performed on columns that contain special characters in their name" is a bit of a mislead as I am able to do basic transformations and rename the column (mostly to take out the special character), I am just unable to do anything in the Expression Builder.

Unfortunately, we are looking for a full load followed by CDC.

Tianna
Contributor
Contributor

@kyle_ch wrote:

Trying to get data from a legacy database that uses some special characters in a few of the column names. When trying to use the Expression Builder I get the following error "SQLite general error. Code <1>, Message <unrecognized token: "#">.

This occurs even when trying to select it directly in the MyBalanceNow Columns section of the Expression Builder. example: ACCT#

Thanks in advance for any help.

This function splits up the <character_expression> string into a set of tokens separated by the delimiters specified in the <delimiter_string> and then returns the Nth token where N is the number of occurrence of the token specified by the <occurrence> parameter. See Examples section for sample usages of this function.