cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonB2020
Creator
Creator

Full Load a single table

I'm replicating several tables from SAP to logstream, and logstream to Redshift & S3.

Now I want to add an additional table to my inventory.

Can't see how to perform the initial full load on the 1 table without forcing all the others to full load as well .

Grateful for any pointers on what I'm failing to see in the docs 

Thanks

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

You should be able to add the table into both sides of the Logstream/Replication task pairs and the full load should start up automatically. If you ever do need to do a full load of a single table you would do it from the Replication (target) side you can highlight the table and click Reload from the monitor screen,

Thanks,
Michael

View solution in original post

Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

@simonB2020    I Agree with @Michael_Litz . Add it to the Parent( Losgtream task) and then add it to the replication(child task). When you add a table to the replication task, it should just fully load just the one newly added table. The other tables should be running as CDC.

If this is not happening you may be on an old release of Replicate. Always try to stay up to date on versions and Service Releases. 

Sincerely,

Barb

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

You should be able to add the table into both sides of the Logstream/Replication task pairs and the full load should start up automatically. If you ever do need to do a full load of a single table you would do it from the Replication (target) side you can highlight the table and click Reload from the monitor screen,

Thanks,
Michael

simonB2020
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you 😊

Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

@simonB2020    I Agree with @Michael_Litz . Add it to the Parent( Losgtream task) and then add it to the replication(child task). When you add a table to the replication task, it should just fully load just the one newly added table. The other tables should be running as CDC.

If this is not happening you may be on an old release of Replicate. Always try to stay up to date on versions and Service Releases. 

Sincerely,

Barb

simonB2020
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Michael, 

To add the table via API,   I'm seeing the only option is to use the 'importtask' api, and just have the new table added to the json.

Is that safe to do on a running task ?

Thanks

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@simonB2020

to add table, stop task, add the table, then resume task.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!