UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rathiyak
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to convert CET/CEST datetime from an oracle column to utc timesatmp for postgresql target table

I have an oracle source table with a column datetime datatype. 

its store time in cet/cest timezone. 

on target side i have a postgresql table with a column having timestamp with timezone datatype. 

i want to convert cet/cest time to utc while saving / add a proper time zone to date time coming from oracle. 

Also this transformation should take care of CET to CEST change / CEST to CET change happening twice a year.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @rathiyak 

Kindly refer the below article

Timezone Conversion - Oracle CET to Kafka (Avro) U... - Qlik Community - 1877441

Regards,

Suresh

rathiyak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

i tried datetime ($CREATED || '+01:00'), it works but will have to modify it when day light saving changes. 

I need solution to handle it automatically 

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @rathiyak ,

Would it be acceptable if you check the date and time to address the daylight saving issue? For example,

CASE
WHEN $DT >= '2024-03-31 02:00' AND $DT < '2024-10-27 03:00' THEN "CEST"
WHEN $DT >= '2024-10-27 03:00' AND $DT < '2025-03-30 02:00' THEN "CST"
END

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
rathiyak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It would have similar problem, will have to modify it again for next years dates

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @rathiyak ,

I don’t have any better ideas for this issue, but I suggest adding daylight saving dates and times for the next few years. This way, you won’t need to update the expression annually.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!