Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator

Limit Throughput Bandwidth

Hello Team,

Is there a way to limit the throughput(kbytes/sec) to a specific number? The reason behind is the network bandwidth only supports 200 MB of bandwidth an when the throughput reaches close to that number, the replicate task fails with a communication link failure. Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nabeel

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @nabeelaslam1994 ,

You cannot directly change the throughput value. But you can achieve this by tuning task settings.

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @nabeelaslam1994 

Transaction consistency timeout only pertains to how long the task waits for pending transactions on the source to commit or roll back before starting the full load phase of a task. It will not affect network saturation.

First, I think this might be best handled my our Professional Services team. More information can be found here: How and when to contact Qlik's Professional Servic... - Qlik Community - 1714936

Is the limitation between Replicate and the source, or Replicate and the target? Or both? If the source, it will be dependent on the volume of changes in the tables on the source (during the change processing phase of the task). During the full load phase of the task, reducing the max number of tables on the Full Load Tuning page might help, but I'm not sure - there would be fewer tables selected from in parallel from the source, but it may not reduce the amount of data that flows from the source at one time - that will depend on how fast the select query runs at the source - and I expect it will try to use as much network bandwidth as it "needs".

If the limitation is between Replicate and the target, you might experiment with sending smaller batches of data to the target more often. These settings are found on the Change Processing \ Change Processing Tuning page in task settings. More information on using these settings can be found here: General understanding of Qlik Replicate Change Pro... - Qlik Community - 1937341

I hope this helps!

Dana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @nabeelaslam1994 ,

You cannot directly change the throughput value. But you can achieve this by tuning task settings.

Thanks,

Swathi

nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator
Author

Does 'Transaction consistency timeout(seconds)' will do it? What does it do?

Nabeel

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @nabeelaslam1994 

Transaction consistency timeout only pertains to how long the task waits for pending transactions on the source to commit or roll back before starting the full load phase of a task. It will not affect network saturation.

First, I think this might be best handled my our Professional Services team. More information can be found here: How and when to contact Qlik's Professional Servic... - Qlik Community - 1714936

Is the limitation between Replicate and the source, or Replicate and the target? Or both? If the source, it will be dependent on the volume of changes in the tables on the source (during the change processing phase of the task). During the full load phase of the task, reducing the max number of tables on the Full Load Tuning page might help, but I'm not sure - there would be fewer tables selected from in parallel from the source, but it may not reduce the amount of data that flows from the source at one time - that will depend on how fast the select query runs at the source - and I expect it will try to use as much network bandwidth as it "needs".

If the limitation is between Replicate and the target, you might experiment with sending smaller batches of data to the target more often. These settings are found on the Change Processing \ Change Processing Tuning page in task settings. More information on using these settings can be found here: General understanding of Qlik Replicate Change Pro... - Qlik Community - 1937341

I hope this helps!

Dana

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

Totally agree with Dana, additional comments:

1- we may control the Network Bandwidth Usage by OS utilities (on Windows or Linux), or 3rd party apps (eg control the incoming/outgoing bandwidth in VMWare)

2- please keep in mind that if limit the throughput, latency may build up in CDC stage

3- PS team can provide comprehensive analysis and proposal/solutions. 

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!