Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kysp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Team,

We are trying to configure alerts if any existing task is modified and a new table is added in Qlik Replicate. Which component in Task Settings -> logging need to be set to which level to get that information logged? I tried Matadata_Manager to Trace level, but both Reload and new table added are generating similar logs with similar code, for example "metadatamanager: c:3734"

We would appreciate if you can suggest which component need to be set and which code is appropriate for our requirement.  

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @kysp 

If a table is added to the task and started, you will get something along these lines. This is at info level. 

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Start loading table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. Start load timestamp 0005E702DFAA8B00

[SOURCE_UNLOAD ]I: Unload finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows sent. 

TARGET_LOAD ]I: Load finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows received. 0 rows skipped. Volume transferred 1256296.

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Loading finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. 2280 records transferred.

For a new table to be loaded in a task, the task will need to be stopped. You can set notifications to send you emails of when the task is stopped. This will contain some false alarms as the task can be stopped without tables being added to it, but you will have an idea of when you should check.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kysp 

Please note, that when a task is first started, if full load is enabled, you will also get the same log entries Alan mentioned.

I am not sure if you would find this helpful, but our Enterprise Manager product can track changes to tasks. This would not alert you, but you could check to see who added the table and when. You can read more about this feature here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/May2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Servers/create...

Thanks,

Dana

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kysp 

Please explain your use case. Are you using patterns to select the tables that will be included in the task, and when a new table is added on the source that matches the pattern, and it is added to the task, what log entry corresponds to that? Or is the new table added manually and the task stopped and resumed?

Thanks,

Dana

kysp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Baldwin, thank you for the response, we are not using any patterns. We modify tasks manually only, so we add the table, stop and resume the tasks. Our requirement is that we were allowed to replicate only few tables and we were asked to setup an alert to make sure that team is notified if a new table is added to any of the tasks by any other member who has access to the console.

Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @kysp 

If a table is added to the task and started, you will get something along these lines. This is at info level. 

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Start loading table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. Start load timestamp 0005E702DFAA8B00

[SOURCE_UNLOAD ]I: Unload finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows sent. 

TARGET_LOAD ]I: Load finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows received. 0 rows skipped. Volume transferred 1256296.

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Loading finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. 2280 records transferred.

For a new table to be loaded in a task, the task will need to be stopped. You can set notifications to send you emails of when the task is stopped. This will contain some false alarms as the task can be stopped without tables being added to it, but you will have an idea of when you should check.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kysp 

Please note, that when a task is first started, if full load is enabled, you will also get the same log entries Alan mentioned.

I am not sure if you would find this helpful, but our Enterprise Manager product can track changes to tasks. This would not alert you, but you could check to see who added the table and when. You can read more about this feature here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/May2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Servers/create...

Thanks,

Dana

kysp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah, but the problem in our use case is that we scheduled some tasks to full load every day, all the time they will be in stopped state, they start and load the tables and stop again every day. If a table is suspended for some reason or any replication issue identified we reload the table manually too. So if we depend on the state of task we will receive so many emails and we might miss the actual one.

kysp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the suggestion, we will approach our admin who might have access to trails. Will reach you for any suggestions. Thank you again.