Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayatri235
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

MS-CDC for SQL Server we are getting error for Capture job

Hi Team , 

We are replicating data from SQL Server to Postgresql

For SQL Server we are using MS-CDC for real time replication. But its Capture job is getting failed with error 

nested limit exceed 32.

Version for SQL server is 2017 standard edition.

Any solution or ideas is appreciated !!!

4 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @gayatri235 ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Would you please share the Replicate version, SQL Server ODBC Driver version, and a few of task log rows which contain the error? We'd like to understand the issue further.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @gayatri235 

I found this article which may help you . As This issue more on the DB side rather than the QR .AS other Application QR connects and Querry the database to get certain information and Nested tables comes into picture when SQL parse and provide info with the help of nested tables.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb4073684-fix-change-data-capture-does-not-work-in-sql-ser...

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

rahulmagotra
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Replicate Version: Nov 2023

ODBC: SQL Server 18.03.002

Task logs have error , job could not be seen. Access issue on msdb db 

but this error what I mention is on SQL Server Job level.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @rahulmagotra ,

Thanks for the update. Do you mean the error is out of Qlik Replicate ? if yes then it's SQL Server itself defect which need MS patch to fix it. Please check above Suresh suggestion.

Or you are facing Maximum capacity specifications for SQL Server. You may try to enable the MS-CDC and then try to access the change table within SQL Server (out of Qlik Replicate) to see if you hit the same error. Looks to me this is not Replicate issue but within SQL Server.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!