Did you mean: 
Winnie6810
Contributor
Contributor

Message size <xxxx> exceeds maximum of 16MB - replicate 7.0

Hi all,

I encounter to get email from the notification that 

Global replication task encountered the following error:

Message size <1xxxx> exceeds maximum of 16Mb.

I am replicating SAP to HDFS. I cannot see any error / warning in the log. Please suggest

1. what is wrong

2. How to fix

3. Is my data drop somewhere and not able to replicate successfully.

Thanks,

Winnie 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Winnie,

In regards to: Message size <xxxx> exceeds maximum of 16MB, error

I noticed a few things:

1. Most of the older cases that i saw that were dealing with this error, it didnt affect the running tasks.

2. There is not much documentation on what is causing this issue.

3. i remember some time ago a case with the same issue, and it turned out that what caused it were notifications with bodies that exceed 16mb in size 

4. I would advise you if you want to have this checked further to increase replicate server logging level to verbose for component "DATA_STRUCTURE"

You should also probably tick the checkbox for "Store trace/verbose logging in memory, but if an error occurs write to the logs"

Since most likely the error doesn't happen frequently, make sure allocate enough memory.

The next time the error occurs additional information will be written to the log and you can go ahead and open up a ticket to have this reviewed further .

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Winnie,

In regards to: Message size <xxxx> exceeds maximum of 16MB, error

I noticed a few things:

1. Most of the older cases that i saw that were dealing with this error, it didnt affect the running tasks.

2. There is not much documentation on what is causing this issue.

3. i remember some time ago a case with the same issue, and it turned out that what caused it were notifications with bodies that exceed 16mb in size 

4. I would advise you if you want to have this checked further to increase replicate server logging level to verbose for component "DATA_STRUCTURE"

You should also probably tick the checkbox for "Store trace/verbose logging in memory, but if an error occurs write to the logs"

Since most likely the error doesn't happen frequently, make sure allocate enough memory.

The next time the error occurs additional information will be written to the log and you can go ahead and open up a ticket to have this reviewed further .

Best Regards

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

1. if you still getting the error, set the server logging to all component to trace, and see where this error message coming from . check the server log once trace enable.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!